add toolbar button to IE's menu bar
Author Message
 add toolbar button to IE's menu bar

In desktop IE 5.0 or above, it's possible to add a custom
toolbar button (like the ICQ's) to launch an application.
Is it possible for pocket IE?

Seems no registry settings for this issue in ppc.
So I tried to get the IE's menu bar window handle
(SHFindMenuBar) and add a button using TB_ADDBUTTONS, but
this approach doesn't work due to different process
address space.

Any possible methods?

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:56:52 GMT
 add toolbar button to IE's menu bar
Try subclassing the IE window procedure, and put there your code.
I have been successful removing, disabling, substituting action, and
also adding buttons.

I failed to put on the new button my bitmap: it always showed a green
rounded bottom-to-top arrow! But I am not able at all with windows
graphics.

--
Vincenzo.

| In desktop IE 5.0 or above, it's possible to add a custom
| toolbar button (like the ICQ's) to launch an application.
| Is it possible for pocket IE?
|
| Seems no registry settings for this issue in ppc.
| So I tried to get the IE's menu bar window handle
| (SHFindMenuBar) and add a button using TB_ADDBUTTONS, but
| this approach doesn't work due to different process
| address space.
|
| Any possible methods?

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:28:14 GMT

1. Add Icon to IE menu bar

2. Drop-down buttons on Toolbar Control in IE Add-in

3. how to Add a button to IE Toolbar?

4. How to add a button in IE toolbar?

5. how can i add menu and button bar to a dialog

6. SC_RESTORE Button not added to Menu bar.

7. Toolbar drop-down menu problem trying to display popup menu (IE Deskbar)

8. How to add a button to window's tittle bar

9. Add a button to the explorer's toolbar

10. Newbie : Adding Menu Bar and Tool Bar to Dialog Based App

11. Adding menu items to Excel menu bar with open activation

12. Getting an Add-in's Toolbar to appear when the Add-In is installed