socket programming through ActiveSync cradle
Author Message
 socket programming through ActiveSync cradle

Quote from a book :
socket communication will not operate between a desktop PC and a Windows CE
device that are only connected via ActiveSync 3.0 or later. This is because
ActiveSync does not, by default, use Remote Access Service (RAS), and
therefore does not expose TCP/IP functionality to applications running on
the Windows CE device or desktop PC

What should I do to overcome this problem?
Is it true that under the above circumstances, the IP address of the pocket
pc is 192.168.55.101. How do I check this out?

Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:11:01 GMT
 socket programming through ActiveSync cradle
you can connect from PocketPC to desktop via activesync thru sockets using
ppp_peer as the host name  and the port number....  it works well.

do not use IP Address...  ppp_peer is the special host name for desktop from
pocketpc.

Quote:
> Quote from a book :
> socket communication will not operate between a desktop PC and a Windows
CE
> device that are only connected via ActiveSync 3.0 or later. This is
because
> ActiveSync does not, by default, use Remote Access Service (RAS), and
> therefore does not expose TCP/IP functionality to applications running on
> the Windows CE device or desktop PC

> What should I do to overcome this problem?
> Is it true that under the above circumstances, the IP address of the
pocket
> pc is 192.168.55.101. How do I check this out?

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:25:45 GMT

1. socket programming through ActiveSync

2. Sockets connection over ActiveSync

3. Open a Sockets connection over ActiveSync

4. Multiple socket connection via USB activeSync

5. doing Socket communications (CSocket, CAsyncSocket) over serial cable WITHOUT activeSync

6. activesync programming..

7. ActiveSync programming..

8. how do I detect if device is contected to cradle

9. Socket Programming (How to program a timeout mechanism on a read/write call)

10. Programming in C for Macs and socket programming for Macs

11. Async Socket Programming ( Disposing )

12. Socket Programming