iostream
Author Message
 iostream

Hi,

When I try to include iostream.h in my code evc4 wont compile. I get:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iostream.h': No such file or
directory

There are lots of examples in the "Microsoft C++ Language Reference for
eMbedded Visual C++" that uses iostream.h.

Do I have to add a lib/include path in tools->options->Directories ???

//Andreas

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:19:50 GMT
 iostream
Hi,

I have no experience with evc4, but in evc3 iostreams are not available.
You can use
- the native Win32 API (CreateFile/ReadFile/WriteFile/CloseHandle)
- the ANSI C file stream functions (fopen/fread/fwrite/fprintf/fclose)
- the CFile class (only in MFC)

Vincenzo.

Quote:
> Hi,

> When I try to include iostream.h in my code evc4 wont compile. I get:
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iostream.h': No such file or
> directory

> There are lots of examples in the "Microsoft C++ Language Reference for
> eMbedded Visual C++" that uses iostream.h.

> Do I have to add a lib/include path in tools->options->Directories ???

> //Andreas

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:25:16 GMT
 iostream
Hi,

I'm using 3rd party tools that are using iostreams, so I need 'em.
At the moment I'm trying a workaround with the STLport library.

If anyone has exeprience with evc4 and STLport I'd preciate some
pointers on this.

//Andreas

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have no experience with evc4, but in evc3 iostreams are not available.
> You can use
> - the native Win32 API (CreateFile/ReadFile/WriteFile/CloseHandle)
> - the ANSI C file stream functions (fopen/fread/fwrite/fprintf/fclose)
> - the CFile class (only in MFC)

> Vincenzo.

> > Hi,

> > When I try to include iostream.h in my code evc4 wont compile. I get:
> > fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iostream.h': No such file
or
> > directory

> > There are lots of examples in the "Microsoft C++ Language Reference for
> > eMbedded Visual C++" that uses iostream.h.

> > Do I have to add a lib/include path in tools->options->Directories ???

> > //Andreas

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:40:28 GMT
 iostream
eVC4 has support for STL but NOT the standard C++ Library. iostreams
are NOT supported by Microsoft in eVC4. You can get that support from
third parties.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
Entelechy Consulting

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using 3rd party tools that are using iostreams, so I need 'em.
> At the moment I'm trying a workaround with the STLport library.

> If anyone has exeprience with evc4 and STLport I'd preciate some
> pointers on this.

> //Andreas

> > Hi,

> > I have no experience with evc4, but in evc3 iostreams are not
available.
> > You can use
> > - the native Win32 API (CreateFile/ReadFile/WriteFile/CloseHandle)
> > - the ANSI C file stream functions

(fopen/fread/fwrite/fprintf/fclose)

> > - the CFile class (only in MFC)

> > Vincenzo.

> > > Hi,

> > > When I try to include iostream.h in my code evc4 wont compile. I
get:
> > > fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iostream.h': No
such file
> or
> > > directory

> > > There are lots of examples in the "Microsoft C++ Language
Reference for
> > > eMbedded Visual C++" that uses iostream.h.

> > > Do I have to add a lib/include path in

tools->options->Directories ???

> > > //Andreas

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:23:38 GMT
 iostream
Please read the old messages on this topic before posting.  We've been
through it in detail several times in the last month or so.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=microsoft.public.windowsce

You can search on "STLport" or "Dinkumware", or just "iostream".

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using 3rd party tools that are using iostreams, so I need 'em.
> At the moment I'm trying a workaround with the STLport library.

> If anyone has exeprience with evc4 and STLport I'd preciate some
> pointers on this.

> //Andreas

> > Hi,

> > I have no experience with evc4, but in evc3 iostreams are not available.
> > You can use
> > - the native Win32 API (CreateFile/ReadFile/WriteFile/CloseHandle)
> > - the ANSI C file stream functions (fopen/fread/fwrite/fprintf/fclose)
> > - the CFile class (only in MFC)

> > Vincenzo.

> > > Hi,

> > > When I try to include iostream.h in my code evc4 wont compile. I get:
> > > fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'iostream.h': No such
file
> or
> > > directory

> > > There are lots of examples in the "Microsoft C++ Language Reference
for
> > > eMbedded Visual C++" that uses iostream.h.

> > > Do I have to add a lib/include path in tools->options->Directories ???

> > > //Andreas

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:34:56 GMT

1. Fw: <iostream>, <iostream.h>, Visual C++, g++

2. <iostream>, <iostream.h>, Visual C++, g++

3. mixing iostream.h and std::iostream etc...

4. Iostream vs Iostream.h

5. Migration from old iostream to Standard iostream

6. mixing iostream.h and std::iostream etc...

7. iostream vs iostream.h -- VC++5 vs VC++6 problem

8. cin::getline() different in <iostream> and <iostream.h>

9. <iostream.h> and <iostream> differences

10. : <iostream.h> or <iostream> with file created by CreateFile

11. <iostream> and not <iostream.h>

12. <iostream.h> again