eVC ActiveX / midl.exe error
Author Message
 eVC ActiveX / midl.exe error

I just created a new ActiveX control (for XScale) using eVC 4.0's wizard...
however, when I try to compile it all I get is:

Creating Type Library...
Error executing midl.exe.

I've trying changing some of the project settings in the MIDL tab, but to
now avail... anyone know what might be wrong here?

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:22:48 GMT
 eVC ActiveX / midl.exe error
I just created a new ActiveX control (for XScale) using eVC 4.0's
wizard... however, when I try to compile it all I get is:

Creating Type Library...
Error executing midl.exe.

I've trying changing some of the project settings in the MIDL tab, but
to now avail... anyone know what might be wrong here?

--Update: I've tried running midl manually -- I opened a build release
window from platform builder, went to my activex control's directory, and
then typed:

midl contrastcontrol.odl /D "NDEBUG" /o "NUL" /win32 /I "c:\wince400
\public\common\sdk\inc"

and this seems to have worked (created .tlb file). However, I check the
MIDL setting in eVC, same parameters (except for the
"contrastcontrol.odl" bit, which I assume it does automatically when it
calls midl), and it still gives me an error. Any ideas would be GREATLY
appreciated...

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:42:38 GMT
 eVC ActiveX / midl.exe error
try to compile your .idl from command line and see whether it thows any
errors.

Ashley Antony Elenjickal
Devp  Support - Windows Embedded
Microsoft Corporation

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:16:07 GMT
 eVC ActiveX / midl.exe error
I think I've seen this 3 ways but it was awhile ago.
1.   I compiled the idl under NT and the errors were much better so I could
track down the problem.
2.  I was including base idl into the idl I wanted to compile.  I think the
base.idl was in my project and being compiled to give this error.
3.  I had a sharing problem from a version of evc that didn't exit properly.
I'm not certain about this one.
Quote:

>I just created a new ActiveX control (for XScale) using eVC 4.0's wizard...
>however, when I try to compile it all I get is:

>Creating Type Library...
>Error executing midl.exe.

>I've trying changing some of the project settings in the MIDL tab, but to
>now avail... anyone know what might be wrong here?

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:32:40 GMT
 eVC ActiveX / midl.exe error
I have managed to get it to compile by opening up a build release window
from Platform Builder, and then running midl w/ the same options listed
in eVC's settings. That's the really bizarre part... I'm assuming eVC
adds the name of the .odl file "behind the scenes", as that's the only
thing extra I had to put in the command line compilation. I haven't added
any files to the project other than those done by eVC when I created it
(via the ActiveX wizard), so if there's something there that doesn't
belong, eVC put it there.

Any further insight into this would be greatly appreciated...

Quote:
> I think I've seen this 3 ways but it was awhile ago.
> 1.   I compiled the idl under NT and the errors were much better so I
> could track down the problem.
> 2.  I was including base idl into the idl I wanted to compile.  I
> think the base.idl was in my project and being compiled to give this
> error. 3.  I had a sharing problem from a version of evc that didn't
> exit properly. I'm not certain about this one.

>>I just created a new ActiveX control (for XScale) using eVC 4.0's
>>wizard... however, when I try to compile it all I get is:

>>Creating Type Library...
>>Error executing midl.exe.

>>I've trying changing some of the project settings in the MIDL tab, but
>>to now avail... anyone know what might be wrong here?

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:54:10 GMT

1. ERROR: MIDL.exe after having installed Platform SDK July 2000

2. error executing midl.exe

3. MIDL.EXE Error?

4. MIDL.EXE Error?

5. Error executing midl.exe.

6. Error executing midl.exe

7. MIDL.EXE Error?

8. Error executing midl.exe

9. Error spawning midl.exe?

10. Help: Error executing midl.exe.

11. 'Error executing midl.exe'

12. EVC.EXE error when starting new project