How to reset registry in emulator?
Author Message
 How to reset registry in emulator?

Merry Christmas all,

Is there any way to "reset" the registry of the pocket pc
emulator? I am using embedded Visual C++ 3.0

Naturally I did a search for all modified files on my hd
hoping to see something change. But it seems nothing did,
not even in the emulator's (palm300) directory!

But when I use the remote registry editor on the emulator,
it shows the changes (i.e. the registry still changed
after I closed down the emulator app)

Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated,
Frank

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:38:09 GMT
 How to reset registry in emulator?
Frank,

PPC emulator keeps registry keys and values in the system registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Platform
SDK\Emulation\Palm300\Registry

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Alex.

Quote:
> Merry Christmas all,

> Is there any way to "reset" the registry of the pocket pc
> emulator? I am using embedded visual c++ 3.0

> Naturally I did a search for all modified files on my hd
> hoping to see something change. But it seems nothing did,
> not even in the emulator's (palm300) directory!

> But when I use the remote registry editor on the emulator,
> it shows the changes (i.e. the registry still changed
> after I closed down the emulator app)

> Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated,
> Frank

Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:17:21 GMT
 How to reset registry in emulator?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 How to reset registry in emulator?
But of course!

Ideas of exporting/importing the appropriate keys as a
reset solution are dancing in my mind..

Thank you kindly,
Frank

Quote:

Sun, 13 Jun 2004 06:59:19 GMT
 How to reset registry in emulator?
You could remove the SDK, delete the registry tree (if
it's still there), reinstall, and then export the entire
thing.  Then, the next time you want to restore, you
could just delete the registry tree and import the file
you saved right after you installed the SDK (you only
have to remove the SDK, I think, since the emulator is
included in the SDK and not the core package for the CE
toolkit).  Have fun ;)

Quote:

message

>>> Merry Christmas all,

>>> Is there any way to "reset" the registry of the
pocket
>pc
>>> emulator? I am using embedded visual c++ 3.0

>>> Naturally I did a search for all modified files on my
hd
>>> hoping to see something change. But it seems nothing
>did,
>>> not even in the emulator's (palm300) directory!

>>> But when I use the remote registry editor on the
>emulator,
>>> it shows the changes (i.e. the registry still changed
>>> after I closed down the emulator app)

>>> Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated,
>>> Frank

>>.

>.

Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:51:12 GMT

1. Launching PPC2002 emulator resets development CPU

2. Emulator is hard resetting my system...HELP!

3. AddIn-CommandBar-Reset()-How to stop user resetting toolbar

4. To use the registry or not to use the registry

5. adding a new toolbar? need reset registry?

6. How to reset a pending asynchronous socket

7. AutoScrollPosition resets

8. Blue screen + reset with VS.NET and XP

9. Resetting PropertyGrid value to old value

10. Compiling with VC++7 resets my computer

11. check and reset macro

12. How to reset the XML Text Editor default property