CE_DLL: how to find the ImportTable and walk there ?
Author Message
 CE_DLL: how to find the ImportTable and walk there ?

How do you do ?

It is wrong to find the import table of a CE_DLL with NT methods
(PIMAGE_DOS_HEADER, PIMAGE_NT_HEADERS, ...)

Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

How can I find the import table, please ?

Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

Thank you !

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:25:27 GMT
 CE_DLL: how to find the ImportTable and walk there ?
Sorry,

it's possible wrong,
because the HANDLE of a DLL is not the BaseAddr* of a DLL under CE...
And it is so under NT...

I try to find the table one more.

Is it possible to get the BaseAddr* of a DLL in process space
without toolhelp.dll ?

Thank you !

Quote:
> How do you do ?

> It is wrong to find the import table of a CE_DLL with NT methods
> (PIMAGE_DOS_HEADER, PIMAGE_NT_HEADERS, ...)

> Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

> How can I find the import table, please ?

> Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

> Thank you !

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:48:51 GMT
 CE_DLL: how to find the ImportTable and walk there ?
well,
I couldn't read from the BaseAddr* of a CE_DLL module.

Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

How can I find the import table, please ?

Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

Thank you !

Quote:
> Sorry,

> it's possible wrong,
> because the HANDLE of a DLL is not the BaseAddr* of a DLL under CE...
> And it is so under NT...

> I try to find the table one more.

> Is it possible to get the BaseAddr* of a DLL in process space
> without toolhelp.dll ?

> Thank you !

> > How do you do ?

> > It is wrong to find the import table of a CE_DLL with NT methods
> > (PIMAGE_DOS_HEADER, PIMAGE_NT_HEADERS, ...)

> > Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

> > How can I find the import table, please ?

> > Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

> > Thank you !

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:48:58 GMT
 CE_DLL: how to find the ImportTable and walk there ?
The dependency viewer that comes with eVC 6 will show you what DLLs a given
Windows CE 3.0 DLL depends upon.

Paul T.

Quote:
> well,
> I couldn't read from the BaseAddr* of a CE_DLL module.

> Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

> How can I find the import table, please ?

> Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

> Thank you !

> > Sorry,

> > it's possible wrong,
> > because the HANDLE of a DLL is not the BaseAddr* of a DLL under CE...
> > And it is so under NT...

> > I try to find the table one more.

> > Is it possible to get the BaseAddr* of a DLL in process space
> > without toolhelp.dll ?

> > Thank you !

> > > How do you do ?

> > > It is wrong to find the import table of a CE_DLL with NT methods
> > > (PIMAGE_DOS_HEADER, PIMAGE_NT_HEADERS, ...)

> > > Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

> > > How can I find the import table, please ?

> > > Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

> > > Thank you !

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:42:45 GMT
 CE_DLL: how to find the ImportTable and walk there ?

Quote:
> well,
> I couldn't read from the BaseAddr* of a CE_DLL module.

> Where lies the format.doc of a CE_DLL image in RAM ?

> How can I find the import table, please ?

> Is there a standard (CE platform independed) method to walk there ?

You could try using the ToolHelp APIs to produce a snapshot of the modules
in the current process.  Something like:

HANDLE hSnapshot = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPMODULE, 0);

MODULEENTRY32 modentry;

Module32First(hSnapshot, &modentry);

// iterate over the list of modules in the process until the desired
// module is found with Module32Next(hSnapshot, &modentry);

CloseToolhelp32Snapshot(hSnapshot);

// Now use modentry.modBaseAddr to access the in-memory copy of the module

--
Mike Dimmick

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:32:23 GMT

1. walking through Master Detail

2. Walking a cube

3. "random walk" across 10x10 array

4. Walking the symbol table

5. Robert Fisk: Bush is walking into a trap

6. Optimising binary trees - cache friendly walk ?

7. Walking the StrongARM callstack on CE

8. How to portably walk the call stack?

9. Directory walking

10. Walking Directory Tree?

11. Walking Directory Tree?