how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program
Author Message
 how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program

Can I remove shell.exe from wince nk.bin image?I want to
lunch my program when system started without shell.exe
running first.that is to say only leave my programe for
user .

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:00:29 GMT
 how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program
In the documentation, under "Operating System Development-->Designing
Operating System Elements-->Creating a Custom Shell" there are several good
articles, including one about "Installing a Custom Shell".

The short answer is that you want to modify the registry key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Init] according to the instructions in this document.
If you look at the existing registry key, you'll probably see something like
(this is for the default explorer shell:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"Launch50"="explorer.exe"
"Depend50"=hex:14,00, 1e,00

...and this should change to point to your app.  Of course you may need to
adjust the start up order and add dependency information as necesssary.

--

reach me.)

> Can I remove shell.exe from wince nk.bin image?I want to
> lunch my program when system started without shell.exe
> running first.that is to say only leave my programe for
> user .

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:49:11 GMT
 how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnem...

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:43:15 GMT
 how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program
Can We have two shell and my shell is default when system
startup and using some command switch to another shell(MS)?
Quote:

url=/library/en-us/dnembedded/html/embedded05072002.asp
Quote:

>--
>Steve Maillet (eMVP)
>Entelechy Consulting
>smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

>.

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:23:47 GMT
 how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program
I've never tried it, but the shell is just an app, so you can try shutting
down one app (shell #1) and starting shell #2.

Note that if shell #1 has a desktop window and a taskbar and calls
RegisterTaskBar() to get notifications from GWE, then you'll have a problem
because the RegisterTaskBar function is only designed to be called once.
There isn't a way to "unregister" the first shell with GWE.

If neither shell calls RegisterTaskBar (because they don't care about
taskbar notifications), then yoiu're probably OK.  Also make sure that you
don't have any programs under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init] that depend on the
shell you want to unload.

--Damon

--

reach me.)

> Can We have two shell and my shell is default when system
> startup and using some command switch to another shell(MS)?

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:25:16 GMT
 how to remove shell.exe and lunch my program
Careful there. SHEL.EXE is not The GUI hell. It's the Debug shell. The GUI
shell is EXPLORER.EXE

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting
smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 05:42:31 GMT

1. Windows NT Shell Programming: Change the shell?

2. removing shell comments from ksh scripts

3. command shell for csc.exe

4. how to program a searchengine.exe like webferret.exe see ferretsoft.com

5. Removing program from the Close Program dialog

6. HELP : EXECUTE a .exe program within a c or c++ program

7. can not lunch child process

8. can not lunch child process

9. can not lunch child process

10. can not lunch child process

11. How can I lunch the default web browser

12. HELP: Identifying DLLs used by a program to include in a Setup.Exe program