Installation and Icons
Author Message
 Installation and Icons

    Hi,

    I have two little problems that are taking too much time,
    maybe you guys can help me.
    First, I'm installing a cabinet file, but when the application
    is already installed, it asks the user to replace the file.
    I'd like to replace the old file whithout asking, but the
    wceload.exe does not seam to have a "silent" mode.
    I tried to use the API functions directly, but I could not
    find the functions that handle cabinets on the CE.
    The second problem is about icons, how can I load an icon
    from an executable file?
    I tried LoadLibrary, CreateProcess, LoadIcon, LoadImage,
    FindResource, LoadResource, but none of them worked like they
    do on the desktop.

    Thanks in advance,

    Wenderson Teixeira

Sat, 28 May 2005 04:31:06 GMT
 Installation and Icons
    Searching some old news messages I found how to make
    wceload go almost silent.
    I just have to call wceload with the /noaskdest option.
    For now that will do, but I'm still having problems

    Wenderson Teixeira

"Wenderson Teixeira" <wenderson em casadosprogramadores.com.br> escreveu na

Quote:
>     Hi,

>     I have two little problems that are taking too much time,
>     maybe you guys can help me.
>     First, I'm installing a cabinet file, but when the application
>     is already installed, it asks the user to replace the file.
>     I'd like to replace the old file whithout asking, but the
>     wceload.exe does not seam to have a "silent" mode.
>     I tried to use the API functions directly, but I could not
>     find the functions that handle cabinets on the CE.
>     The second problem is about icons, how can I load an icon
>     from an executable file?
>     I tried LoadLibrary, CreateProcess, LoadIcon, LoadImage,
>     FindResource, LoadResource, but none of them worked like they
>     do on the desktop.

>     Thanks in advance,

>     Wenderson Teixeira

Mon, 30 May 2005 04:12:27 GMT

1. icons...icons..icoooooons in treeeeeeeeeviewwwwwwwwwww

2. Icons: Displaying other than the standard MFC icon

3. I don't want 16 color icon, I want (24bit) FULL COLOR icon

4. Icon to Bitmap, which icon size being copied?

5. Shortcut icon/bitmap on application icon: How ?

7. Tray Icon without Taskbar Icon

8. Big icon, small icon, How to

9. CButton icon question - Removing icon

10. .exe Icon is not the same as the application icon

11. Adding single Icons to Imagelist (+ How to create a mask for icon)

12. Hide taskbar icon on application startup (show only task tray icon)