SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4
Author Message
 SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4

Has anyone used eVC++ 4 with SQL Server CE? Obviously the 'officially'
supported way to go is to use the CF/SDE but we have a definite
requirement to use eVC++4 -> target = CE.NET and want to access SQLCE.
I have tested using OLEDB (3.1) by installing eVC++3 in order to load
the libs for OLEDB and have had some success but really wanted to know
whether there was any other way to do this?

Thanks,
Simon Wilson

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:45:17 GMT
 SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4

Quote:
> Has anyone used eVC++ 4 with SQL Server CE? Obviously the 'officially'
> supported way to go is to use the CF/SDE but we have a definite
> requirement to use eVC++4 -> target = CE.NET and want to access SQLCE.
> I have tested using OLEDB (3.1) by installing eVC++3 in order to load
> the libs for OLEDB and have had some success but really wanted to know
> whether there was any other way to do this?

That sounds pretty much correct to me, but AFAIK, you need to get hold of
SSEC 2.0 (which is in beta) to use SSCE on the CE.NET platfirm.

Keld Laursen

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:02:29 GMT
 SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4
Yes, I already have SQLCE2 but of course that still doesn't provide a
data access kit that will install for only eVC++4.

Simon

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:02:29 +0200, "Keld Laursen"

Quote:

>> Has anyone used eVC++ 4 with SQL Server CE? Obviously the 'officially'
>> supported way to go is to use the CF/SDE but we have a definite
>> requirement to use eVC++4 -> target = CE.NET and want to access SQLCE.
>> I have tested using OLEDB (3.1) by installing eVC++3 in order to load
>> the libs for OLEDB and have had some success but really wanted to know
>> whether there was any other way to do this?

>That sounds pretty much correct to me, but AFAIK, you need to get hold of
>SSEC 2.0 (which is in beta) to use SSCE on the CE.NET platfirm.

>Keld Laursen

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:16:10 GMT
 SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4
What is the CE device you are targeting?

-P

Quote:
> Yes, I already have SQLCE2 but of course that still doesn't provide a
> data access kit that will install for only eVC++4.

> Simon

> On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:02:29 +0200, "Keld Laursen"

> >> Has anyone used eVC++ 4 with SQL Server CE? Obviously the 'officially'
> >> supported way to go is to use the CF/SDE but we have a definite
> >> requirement to use eVC++4 -> target = CE.NET and want to access SQLCE.
> >> I have tested using OLEDB (3.1) by installing eVC++3 in order to load
> >> the libs for OLEDB and have had some success but really wanted to know
> >> whether there was any other way to do this?

> >That sounds pretty much correct to me, but AFAIK, you need to get hold of
> >SSEC 2.0 (which is in beta) to use SSCE on the CE.NET platfirm.

> >Keld Laursen

Wed, 23 Feb 2005 02:26:15 GMT

1. SQL Server CE 2.0, EVC++4, and CE.NET

2. Accessing SQL Server CE database with eVC++

3. eVC and SQL server CE / ADOCE

4. OLEDB, eVC and SQL Server CE

5. eVC -sql server CE programming

6. ADOCE and SQL CE on NetPad 5000 (Ce.net)

7. SQL Server CE with EVC++

8. Use eVC 4 with CE 2.12 SDK or use CE 4.0 DLLs on 2.12

9. Calling a Web Services with CE.Net and eVC++ 4.0

10. DLL call in CE.NET (eVC++4)

11. Can't download to CE.NET target from eVC 4.0

12. CE 3.0 application in CE.NET platform