Windows CE & /Windows directory
Author Message
 Windows CE & /Windows directory

We are building a WinCE hardware and an application that
goes with it.

I have a quick question about the philosophy of Windows
CE. /windows directory in WinCE is in RAM. If I install an
application to /windows and the system loses power, should
I reinstall the same application again? How do I prevent
the OS from losing the content of /windows directory? I
know that WinCE has a way to save registry to ROM.
Obviously it not good enough save the registry keys and
lose the DLLs, EXEs, etc.,

Thanks,

Guhan.

Tue, 25 May 2004 01:18:37 GMT

1. Monitoring Directory and File changes on Windows CE object store

2. How to get current directory in windows CE?

3. Windows CE and Windows XP Communication...

4. Windows CE Online Chat - AMD & bSquare, Designing a High-Performance, Low-Power Windows CE .NET Device - May 15th 12:00 PST (20:00GMT)

5. Default INI to current directory, not Windows directory

6. HP1910 Windows CE Development - Newbie

7. C functions equivalents in Windows CE

8. Windows CE

9. Visual C++ for Windows CE - UK distributors please

10. Windows CE help

11. Windows CE URLMON.DLL First-chance exception

12. Web browser control using ATL in windows CE