Need help for ADOCE in eVC
Author Message
 Need help for ADOCE in eVC

Hi,

I am new in development for CE device. I need to use ADOCE
in eVC. But I could not find any reference or sample on
how to use ADOCE in eVC. All the references and samples
that I could find are all in eVB. I would be appreciated
if someone could help me find out some references or
samples.

Thanks in advance
Roy

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 01:20:37 GMT
 Need help for ADOCE in eVC
You can find some example there:
http://www.voscorp.com/asp/PPC/Dev/VOADO/default.asp
Quote:

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:30:05 GMT
 Need help for ADOCE in eVC

Quote:
> You can find some example there:
> http://www.voscorp.com/asp/PPC/Dev/VOADO/default.asp

Note that it's currently not recommended, mainly due to Microsoft breaking
the vtables between ADOCE 3.0 and 3.1.  This didn't cause a problem for eVB
applications, which late-bind by name through IDispatch.  It broke my Proof
of Delivery Demo quite effectively though - I'd built some really neat
encapsulation record-field-exchange classes for MFC as well
(CAdoCeConnection, CAdoCeRecordset, etc), similar to
CRecordset/CDaoRecordset and the RFX/DFX mechanisms.

Needless to say, that was quite annoying.

However, in implementing that I discovered that Microsoft don't appear to
have implemented the vtable-bind version of the Errors collection properly
(version 3.0).

If you must write to ADOCE (rather than straight down to OLE DB, which might
be more sensible) in C++, try using DISPID binding or name binding through
IDispatch instead.

--
Mike Dimmick

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:00:02 GMT

1. need some source code of the evc to use adoce

2. Help me to Insert varbinary with adoce (EVC)

3. eVC ++ Adoce Recordset's State property

4. Who Has Sample to Use ADOCE In EVC

5. ADOCE 3.1 and eVC 3.0

6. EVC ADOCE Recordset get value from data field

7. SQL error with ADOCE in EVC

8. ADOCE Connection Execute() with eVC++

9. ADOCE Programmin with eVC++ 3.0

10. ADOCE in eVC++

11. ADOCE 3.1 and eVC

12. eVC and SQL server CE / ADOCE