Using Windows CE .Net
Author Message
 Using Windows CE .Net

Hello, what programming language is the most effiecnt to
learn for Windows CE .Net?  Would it be eMbedded Visaul
C++, or could I use Visual C++ .net?

Is it possible to get Visual C# .net to work?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 09:41:51 GMT
 Using Windows CE .Net
"Efficient", huh?  Efficient in what sense?  Speed of execution?  Speed to
implement a given program?  Efficient in memory usage?

You *may* use Visual Basic.NET 2003, Visual C#.NET 2003, or eMbedded Visual
C++ 4.0.  You *cannot* use Visual C++.NET 2003, however.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hello, what programming language is the most effiecnt to
> learn for Windows CE .Net?  Would it be eMbedded Visaul
> C++, or could I use Visual C++ .net?

> Is it possible to get Visual C# .net to work?

> Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:18:53 GMT
 Using Windows CE .Net
Hi Paul,

Is there a good article out there that talks about the
different tools for CE development and what is supported
on which and what you need to install for the different
platforms.  For example, has does the .NET Compact
Framework fit in with eVC++ or *.NET 2003?  How does SQL
CE fit in and what needs to be installed to make it all
work together?

Regards,

-Rob

Quote:

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:33:22 GMT
 Using Windows CE .Net
Rob,

The old newsgroup posts are probably the best reference.  For questions
about SQL CE and eVC, search the archives of this very newsgroup.  For
information on C#.NET or VB.NET and SQL CE, look at
microsoft.public.dotnot.framework.compactframework.  I don't think that
there are any Microsoft-published articles that don't advocate one or the
other method pretty much exclusively...

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi Paul,

> Is there a good article out there that talks about the
> different tools for CE development and what is supported
> on which and what you need to install for the different
> platforms.  For example, has does the .NET Compact
> Framework fit in with eVC++ or *.NET 2003?  How does SQL
> CE fit in and what needs to be installed to make it all
> work together?

> Regards,

> -Rob

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 00:54:48 GMT
 Using Windows CE .Net
The "Get Embedded" series of articles on MSDN is a good source of
information there are numerous discussions about which tool is most
appropriate for a variety of different tasks.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 04:45:56 GMT
 Using Windows CE .Net
Visual C#.Net 2003 is on final beta, correct?

Do you know of any books for learning, or even just a language reference
book for eMbedded C++ 4.0?

That is interesting that C++.Net will not support the eMbedded framework,
any idea why they decided to that.

Thank you.

--

Mac S. Speed
Electronics International Inc.

Quote:
> "Efficient", huh?  Efficient in what sense?  Speed of execution?  Speed to
> implement a given program?  Efficient in memory usage?

> You *may* use Visual Basic.NET 2003, Visual C#.NET 2003, or eMbedded
Visual
> C++ 4.0.  You *cannot* use Visual C++.NET 2003, however.

> Paul T.

> > Hello, what programming language is the most effiecnt to
> > learn for Windows CE .Net?  Would it be eMbedded Visaul
> > C++, or could I use Visual C++ .net?

> > Is it possible to get Visual C# .net to work?

> > Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 08:13:53 GMT
 Using Windows CE .Net
1) C++ in eVC is the same C++ as what is in VC++ 6.0 for the desktop. Plenty
of books on that.

2)  Time and resource tradeoff. Providing support for managed C++ required
more time and resources then were available and was not something that was
in immediate demand. eVC++ is still available for Native C++ code.
Eventually MS has said that it plans to move eVC functionality into the
VS.NET IDE but no public plans for when or if that is still the plan are
available (It makes some sense that they will eventually do that.)

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting
smaillet_AT_EntelechyConsulting_DOT_com

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:47:46 GMT

1. Help!Problem when using ActiveX in Windows CE .net 4.1

2. ANN: Windows CE .NET chat July 8th

3. Windows CE.NET 4.2 FSD development

4. Windows CE .NET

5. ANN: Windows CE .NET Online Chat on 4/16

6. porting my app from ppc2002 to Windows CE .NET

7. ANN: Accelent Systems chat: File System Architecture in Windows CE .NET

8. Reboot the Windows CE.NET from application

9. Windows CE.Net JSCript and COM event handling

10. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (1/6/2003 10:00am Pacific time)

11. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (12/4/2002 10:00am Pacific time)

12. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (11/20/2002 1:00PM Pacific time)