separated inbound and outbound Bluetooth virtual COM port on iPAQ?
Author Message
 separated inbound and outbound Bluetooth virtual COM port on iPAQ?

I am working with a HP iPAQ h5450 with built-in Bluetooth. In the setting of
the Bluetooth Manager, I see Inbound COM Port: 5 and Outbound COM Port 8.

Right now my application can receive data from another Bluetooth device
connected to the iPAQ by opening and reading(ReadFile()) from COM5. I wan to
send data from the iPAQ to the other Bluetooth device, should I WriteFile to
COM5  or COM8?

Can anyone give some advice?

Thanks

Weiyang

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:26:26 GMT
 separated inbound and outbound Bluetooth virtual COM port on iPAQ?
Microsoft does not ship the Bluetooth stack on Pocket PC 2002 (I presume
that is what you are using on your iPaq). You should probably check with HP
for the answer to this question.

On a related note, the Bluetooth stack that ships as part of Windows CE.NET
(4.0 and later) does support full-duplex virtual COM ports over RFCOMM. This
means you can read and write on the same virtual COM port. I could guess
that that is the case with the Bluetooth stack that you are using as well.

Quote:
> I am working with a HP iPAQ h5450 with built-in Bluetooth. In the setting
of
> the Bluetooth Manager, I see Inbound COM Port: 5 and Outbound COM Port 8.

> Right now my application can receive data from another Bluetooth device
> connected to the iPAQ by opening and reading(ReadFile()) from COM5. I wan
> send data from the iPAQ to the other Bluetooth device, should I WriteFile
> COM5  or COM8?

> Can anyone give some advice?

> Thanks

> Weiyang

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:22:33 GMT

1. COM Port inoperative on iPAQ H3600

2. virtual serial com ports ?

3. How to open the virtual COM port of the infrared

4. open virtual COM port

5. Controlling Virtual Com Ports

6. virtual serial com ports ?

7. Virtual COM port / Connection Manager

8. bluetooth virtual comm application

9. To Bluetooth or not to Bluetooth

10. Bluetooth vitual serial port clash?

11. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port

12. Software to monitor data on the iPaq Serial Port