Compiler for porting WinCE 3.0 apps for CE.NET x86?
Author Message
 Compiler for porting WinCE 3.0 apps for CE.NET x86?

I would like to port my WinCE 3.0 (Pocket PC) apps to the CE.NET platform
for an x86 device. I've been using Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 3.0 to
create my Pocket PC executables. Is there an addon to this development
software to make CE.NET x86 executables as well? Or, do I need something
else? If so, where can I get it?

Thanks for the assistance!

ppcinfo

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:57:21 GMT
 Compiler for porting WinCE 3.0 apps for CE.NET x86?
You need eVC 4.0 to target Windows CE.NET. It's a free download from
Microsoft. However, keep in mind that eVC 4.0 is ONLY for Windows
CE.NET and you will still need eVC 3.0 for the Pocket PC.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
Entelechy Consulting

Quote:
> I would like to port my WinCE 3.0 (Pocket PC) apps to the CE.NET
platform
> for an x86 device. I've been using Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 3.0
> create my Pocket PC executables. Is there an addon to this
development
> software to make CE.NET x86 executables as well? Or, do I need
something
> else? If so, where can I get it?

> Thanks for the assistance!

> ppcinfo

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:45:00 GMT
 Compiler for porting WinCE 3.0 apps for CE.NET x86?
Steve,

I looked around on the microsoft developer site, but I couldn't find eVC 4.0
to download. Can you suggest a link where I might find it?

Thanks!

ppcinfo

Quote:
> You need eVC 4.0 to target Windows CE.NET. It's a free download from
> Microsoft. However, keep in mind that eVC 4.0 is ONLY for Windows
> CE.NET and you will still need eVC 3.0 for the Pocket PC.

> --
> Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
> Entelechy Consulting
> smaillet_EntelechyConsulting_Com

> > I would like to port my WinCE 3.0 (Pocket PC) apps to the CE.NET
> platform
> > for an x86 device. I've been using Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 3.0
> > create my Pocket PC executables. Is there an addon to this
> development
> > software to make CE.NET x86 executables as well? Or, do I need
> something
> > else? If so, where can I get it?

> > Thanks for the assistance!

> > ppcinfo

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:34:43 GMT
 Compiler for porting WinCE 3.0 apps for CE.NET x86?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/download.asp

Quote:
> Steve,

> I looked around on the microsoft developer site, but I couldn't find eVC
4.0
> to download. Can you suggest a link where I might find it?

> Thanks!

> ppcinfo

> > You need eVC 4.0 to target Windows CE.NET. It's a free download from
> > Microsoft. However, keep in mind that eVC 4.0 is ONLY for Windows
> > CE.NET and you will still need eVC 3.0 for the Pocket PC.

> > --
> > Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
> > Entelechy Consulting
> > smaillet_EntelechyConsulting_Com

> > > I would like to port my WinCE 3.0 (Pocket PC) apps to the CE.NET
> > platform
> > > for an x86 device. I've been using Microsoft embedded Visual C++ 3.0
> > > create my Pocket PC executables. Is there an addon to this
> > development
> > > software to make CE.NET x86 executables as well? Or, do I need
> > something
> > > else? If so, where can I get it?

> > > Thanks for the assistance!

> > > ppcinfo

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:51:23 GMT

1. Porting an app from PPC2002 to WinCE 3.0?

2. Created control will not work under CE 3.0(x86 IPC)

3. CE 3.0 application in CE.NET platform

4. Help! CE 3.0 vs CE .NET newbie questions

5. Link Error porting TAPI app to CE.NET

6. porting my app from ppc2002 to Windows CE .NET

7. Serial Port on WinCE 3.0

8. NDISUIO port to CE 3.0

9. Parallel Ports and CE 3.0

10. WinCE 3.0 vs. WinCE 4.0 (SDK)

11. PPC 2002, WinCE 3.0, eVC++ 3.0, loading images in HTML viewer control

12. Using eVC 4.0 compilers with CE 3.0 devices