URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
Author Message
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync

  I have iPAQ 3800 connected  to win2k using USB or Serial port. I downloaded last build of MS ActiveSync from MS. It works fine with Outlook and transfers files well. But I faced hard BUGS! when tried to use tools from eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
 For example I want to use Windows CE Remote process viewer. I select Pocket PC (Default Device) from "Select a Windows CE Device" dialog. Error Message I get is: "Platform Manager was unable to connect to the device. Please check your startup server and transport settings and try again". I start platform manager configuration dialog. I choose again Pocket PC (Default Device). Transport and Startup server are set to Microsoft ActiveSync by default. Any attempt to push Configure button gives application error message: "The instruction at "0x0101546b" .... bla bla bla

I checked with eMbedde tools 3.0, I got the same story.

Any ideas?

David.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:27:24 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
have you got activesync 3.5 I think that this is the
version you need
Quote:

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:50:13 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
Yes, I have Version 3.5 (Build 12007)

Quote:
> have you got activesync 3.5 I think that this is the
> version you need

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:52:34 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
I also met the same problem.

[...]

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:28:54 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
If the desktop machine is not networked then this may be relevant.
PRB: Platform Manager Reports Error Message: Connection Failed (Error Code
=0xLX) (Q271190)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271190

[...]

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:24:10 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
You can't use eVC4 with PocketPC devices. Please read the information about
the tool before downloading and using it.

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
Entelechy Consulting

Quote:
> If the desktop machine is not networked then this may be relevant.
> PRB: Platform Manager Reports Error Message: Connection Failed (Error Code
> =0xLX) (Q271190)
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271190

>   I have iPAQ 3800 connected  to win2k using USB or Serial port. I
> downloaded last build of MS ActiveSync from MS. It works fine with Outlook
> and transfers files well. But I faced hard BUGS! when tried to use tools
> from eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
>  For example I want to use Windows CE Remote process viewer. I select
Pocket
> PC (Default Device) from "Select a Windows CE Device" dialog. Error
Message
> I get is: "Platform Manager was unable to connect to the device. Please
> check your startup server and transport settings and try again". I start
> platform manager configuration dialog. I choose again Pocket PC (Default
> Device). Transport and Startup server are set to Microsoft ActiveSync by
> default. Any attempt to push Configure button gives application error
> message: "The instruction at "0x0101546b" .... bla bla bla

> I checked with eMbedde tools 3.0, I got the same story.

> Any ideas?

> David.

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:19:38 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
The problem is occurring with version 3.0.  Please read right to the end of
the posting before replying to it.

Quote:
> You can't use eVC4 with PocketPC devices. Please read the information
about
> the tool before downloading and using it.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:06:25 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync
eh ... so much for assumptions ...

Shouldn't it be backward compatible with the next previous product?

Quote:
> You can't use eVC4 with PocketPC devices. Please read the information
about
> the tool before downloading and using it.

> --
> Steve Maillet (eMVP - Windows CE)
> Entelechy Consulting
> smaillet AT EntelechyConsulting DOT Com

> > If the desktop machine is not networked then this may be relevant.
> > PRB: Platform Manager Reports Error Message: Connection Failed (Error
Code
> > =0xLX) (Q271190)
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q271190

> >   I have iPAQ 3800 connected  to win2k using USB or Serial port. I
> > downloaded last build of MS ActiveSync from MS. It works fine with
Outlook
> > and transfers files well. But I faced hard BUGS! when tried to use tools
> > from eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0.
> >  For example I want to use Windows CE Remote process viewer. I select
> Pocket
> > PC (Default Device) from "Select a Windows CE Device" dialog. Error
> Message
> > I get is: "Platform Manager was unable to connect to the device. Please
> > check your startup server and transport settings and try again". I start
> > platform manager configuration dialog. I choose again Pocket PC (Default
> > Device). Transport and Startup server are set to Microsoft ActiveSync by
> > default. Any attempt to push Configure button gives application error
> > message: "The instruction at "0x0101546b" .... bla bla bla

> > I checked with eMbedde tools 3.0, I got the same story.

> > Any ideas?

> > David.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:50:26 GMT
 URGENT!, problems with eMbedded Visual C++ and ActiveSync

Quote:
> eh ... so much for assumptions ...

> Shouldn't it be backward compatible with the next previous product?

Sadly, it's not.  CE 4.0 offers much more for C++ developers, including C++
exceptions, stack unwinds, a two-chance exceptions model, and run-time type
information.  I suspect Microsoft were afraid that developers would keep
complaining that these features, now supported by the compilers, didn't work
on CE 3.0 devices.  They don't work because they require OS or C++ runtime
library support.

You can use the new version 12.20 compiler tools with eVC 3.0.  For
information, see my article on microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc (and
microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer) titled "Using eVC 4.0 compilers with CE
3.0 devices."  Note that I don't recommend this practice and it's not
supported by Microsoft, i.e. you're on your own.

--
Mike Dimmick

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:59:23 GMT

1. Visual C++ to eMbedded Visual C++ problem

2. Is there a way to merge visual C++ 6.0 and Embedded visual C++ 4.0

3. ActiveSync and Embedded C++

4. Installation Problems Embedded Visual C++ 3.0

5. Problems with JNI using MS embedded Visual C++

6. problem to build a simple app with embedded visual c++

7. Install Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 problems

8. Visual Sourcesafe and eMbedded Visual C++

9. Using C++ streams in embedded Visual C++ 4.0

10. Embedded Visual C++ missing the C++

11. How do you use embedded SQL with visual C++

12. Break Point And embedded Visual C++