CoCreateGuid
Author Message
 CoCreateGuid

Does anyone know if the API function CoCreateGuid exists on the pocket pc
(Windows CE OS 3.0)?

--
====================================
Tim Wilson

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:03:03 GMT
 CoCreateGuid
On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:03:03 -0400, "Tim Wilson"

Quote:

>CoCreateGuid

It does exist. Defined in Objbase.h

Here is a copy from the help file:

CoCreateGuid
This function creates a GUID, a unique 128-bit integer used for CLSIDs
and interface identifiers.

HRESULT CoCreateGuid(
GUID *pguid );
Parameter
pguid
[out] Pointer to the requested GUID on return.
Return Value
S_OK
The GUID was successfully created.
Win32 errors are returned by UuidCreate but wrapped as an HRESULT.

Remarks
The CoCreateGuid function calls the RPC function UuidCreate, which
creates a GUID, a globally unique 128-bit integer. Use the
CoCreateGuid function when you need an absolutely unique number that
you will use as a persistent identifier in a distributed environment.
To a very high degree of certainty, this function returns a unique
valueno other invocation, on the same or any other system (networked
or not), should return the same value.

Requirements
Runs On Versions Defined in Include Link to
Windows CE OS 3.0 and later Objbase.h

Note   This information applies to the version of the operating system
as provided by Microsoft. Actual implementation is determined by the
original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and some devices may not support
this function.

--
Helge S
http://home.chello.no/~selsto/

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:42:42 GMT
 CoCreateGuid
Yes, it is in the help file. But I am wondering if it is actually exported
from a dll on the device - I don't think that it actually is.
Tim

--
====================================
Tim Wilson
Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
====================================

Quote:
> On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:03:03 -0400, "Tim Wilson"

> >CoCreateGuid

> It does exist. Defined in Objbase.h

> Here is a copy from the help file:

> CoCreateGuid
> This function creates a GUID, a unique 128-bit integer used for CLSIDs
> and interface identifiers.

> HRESULT CoCreateGuid(
> GUID *pguid );
> Parameter
> pguid
> [out] Pointer to the requested GUID on return.
> Return Value
> S_OK
> The GUID was successfully created.
> Win32 errors are returned by UuidCreate but wrapped as an HRESULT.

> Remarks
> The CoCreateGuid function calls the RPC function UuidCreate, which
> creates a GUID, a globally unique 128-bit integer. Use the
> CoCreateGuid function when you need an absolutely unique number that
> you will use as a persistent identifier in a distributed environment.
> To a very high degree of certainty, this function returns a unique
> value--no other invocation, on the same or any other system (networked
> or not), should return the same value.

> Requirements
> Runs On Versions Defined in Include Link to
> Windows CE OS 3.0 and later Objbase.h

> Note   This information applies to the version of the operating system
> as provided by Microsoft. Actual implementation is determined by the
> original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and some devices may not support
> this function.

> --
> Helge S
> http://home.chello.no/~selsto/

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:53:19 GMT
 CoCreateGuid
Not sure in your case, but our devices have the function in OLE32.lib and
CoCreateGuid() is implemented in ole32.dll.  Maybe the OEM for your hardware
didn't build in the necessary components to implement that function...

Paul T.

Quote:
> Yes, it is in the help file. But I am wondering if it is actually exported
> from a dll on the device - I don't think that it actually is.
> Tim

> --
> ====================================
> Tim Wilson
> Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
> ====================================

> > On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:03:03 -0400, "Tim Wilson"

> > >CoCreateGuid

> > It does exist. Defined in Objbase.h

> > Here is a copy from the help file:

> > CoCreateGuid
> > This function creates a GUID, a unique 128-bit integer used for CLSIDs
> > and interface identifiers.

> > HRESULT CoCreateGuid(
> > GUID *pguid );
> > Parameter
> > pguid
> > [out] Pointer to the requested GUID on return.
> > Return Value
> > S_OK
> > The GUID was successfully created.
> > Win32 errors are returned by UuidCreate but wrapped as an HRESULT.

> > Remarks
> > The CoCreateGuid function calls the RPC function UuidCreate, which
> > creates a GUID, a globally unique 128-bit integer. Use the
> > CoCreateGuid function when you need an absolutely unique number that
> > you will use as a persistent identifier in a distributed environment.
> > To a very high degree of certainty, this function returns a unique
> > value--no other invocation, on the same or any other system (networked
> > or not), should return the same value.

> > Requirements
> > Runs On Versions Defined in Include Link to
> > Windows CE OS 3.0 and later Objbase.h

> > Note   This information applies to the version of the operating system
> > as provided by Microsoft. Actual implementation is determined by the
> > original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and some devices may not support
> > this function.

> > --
> > Helge S
> > http://home.chello.no/~selsto/

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:26:35 GMT
 CoCreateGuid
It's possible the OEM chose not to (HP). What device are you using, what
version of the OS do you have running on it?
Thanks, Tim

--
====================================
Tim Wilson
Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
====================================

Quote:
> Not sure in your case, but our devices have the function in OLE32.lib and
> CoCreateGuid() is implemented in ole32.dll.  Maybe the OEM for your
hardware
> didn't build in the necessary components to implement that function...

> Paul T.

> > Yes, it is in the help file. But I am wondering if it is actually
exported
> > from a dll on the device - I don't think that it actually is.
> > Tim

> > --
> > ====================================
> > Tim Wilson
> > Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
> > ====================================

> > > On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 17:03:03 -0400, "Tim Wilson"

> > > It does exist. Defined in Objbase.h

> > > Here is a copy from the help file:

> > > CoCreateGuid
> > > This function creates a GUID, a unique 128-bit integer used for CLSIDs
> > > and interface identifiers.

> > > HRESULT CoCreateGuid(
> > > GUID *pguid );
> > > Parameter
> > > pguid
> > > [out] Pointer to the requested GUID on return.
> > > Return Value
> > > S_OK
> > > The GUID was successfully created.
> > > Win32 errors are returned by UuidCreate but wrapped as an HRESULT.

> > > Remarks
> > > The CoCreateGuid function calls the RPC function UuidCreate, which
> > > creates a GUID, a globally unique 128-bit integer. Use the
> > > CoCreateGuid function when you need an absolutely unique number that
> > > you will use as a persistent identifier in a distributed environment.
> > > To a very high degree of certainty, this function returns a unique
> > > value--no other invocation, on the same or any other system (networked
> > > or not), should return the same value.

> > > Requirements
> > > Runs On Versions Defined in Include Link to
> > > Windows CE OS 3.0 and later Objbase.h

> > > Note   This information applies to the version of the operating system
> > > as provided by Microsoft. Actual implementation is determined by the
> > > original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and some devices may not support
> > > this function.

> > > --
> > > Helge S
> > > http://home.chello.no/~selsto/

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:35:00 GMT
 CoCreateGuid
It's one our own devices, either a LANpoint CE or an EDAS CE, both running
Windows CE 3.0 with DCOM support.  My guess would be that, if it's present,
it's in the same DLL name as on our devices: ole32.dll.

Paul T.

Quote:
> It's possible the OEM chose not to (HP). What device are you using, what
> version of the OS do you have running on it?
> Thanks, Tim

> --
> ====================================
> Tim Wilson
> Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
> ====================================

> > Not sure in your case, but our devices have the function in OLE32.lib
and
> > CoCreateGuid() is implemented in ole32.dll.  Maybe the OEM for your
> hardware
> > didn't build in the necessary components to implement that function...

> > Paul T.

> > > Yes, it is in the help file. But I am wondering if it is actually
> exported
> > > from a dll on the device - I don't think that it actually is.
> > > Tim

> > > --
> > > ====================================
> > > Tim Wilson
> > > Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
> > > ====================================

message

CLSIDs

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 03:08:15 GMT
 CoCreateGuid
Thanks.

--
====================================
Tim Wilson
Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
====================================

Quote:
> It's one our own devices, either a LANpoint CE or an EDAS CE, both running
> Windows CE 3.0 with DCOM support.  My guess would be that, if it's
present,
> it's in the same DLL name as on our devices: ole32.dll.

> Paul T.

> > It's possible the OEM chose not to (HP). What device are you using, what
> > version of the OS do you have running on it?
> > Thanks, Tim

> > --
> > ====================================
> > Tim Wilson
> > Mobile Software Solutions Inc.
> > ====================================

> > > Not sure in your case, but our devices have the function in OLE32.lib
> and
> > > CoCreateGuid() is implemented in ole32.dll.  Maybe the OEM for your
> > hardware
> > > didn't build in the necessary components to implement that function...

> > > Paul T.

> > exported

> message

> CLSIDs

> environment.
> (networked

> system
> support

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:44:25 GMT

1. Unique system numbers using CoCreateGuid ?

2. GuidGen and CoCreateGuid (UuidCreate)

3. CoCreateGuid

4. CoCreateGuid

5. CoCreateGuid() in C# ?

6. I need a unique ID, CoCreateGUID doesn't work...?