How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?
Author Message
 How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?

Hi there,

Could you please let me know why I cannot display the
Chinese Character? Please see the codes below. I only can
see an invisible character. Should I install any software
to support Chinese Character?

Thanks.

John

  //eVC++ 3.0
  //Show Chinese Character  For Test Purpose Only
  CString strChineseChar;
  nChineseChar = 5218; //Unicode of a Chinese Character
  strChineseChar += TCHAR(nChineseChar);
  m_Combo6.AddString (strChineseChar);

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 01:30:00 GMT
 How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?
Are you using a font which has those glyphs in it?

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi there,

> Could you please let me know why I cannot display the
> Chinese Character? Please see the codes below. I only can
> see an invisible character. Should I install any software
> to support Chinese Character?

> Thanks.

> John

>   //eVC++ 3.0
>   //Show Chinese Character  For Test Purpose Only
>   CString strChineseChar;
>   nChineseChar = 5218; //Unicode of a Chinese Character
>   strChineseChar += TCHAR(nChineseChar);
>   m_Combo6.AddString (strChineseChar);

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:54:48 GMT
 How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?
Thanks, Paul,

Any idea about where to get a Chinese Font? After I put it to My Device\
Windows\Font,  I do not need to change my software, right?

John

Quote:
> Are you using a font which has those glyphs in it?

> Paul T.

> > Hi there,

> > Could you please let me know why I cannot display the
> > Chinese Character? Please see the codes below. I only can
> > see an invisible character. Should I install any software
> > to support Chinese Character?

> > Thanks.

> > John

> >   //eVC++ 3.0
> >   //Show Chinese Character  For Test Purpose Only
> >   CString strChineseChar;
> >   nChineseChar = 5218; //Unicode of a Chinese Character
> >   strChineseChar += TCHAR(nChineseChar);
> >   m_Combo6.AddString (strChineseChar);

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:15:12 GMT
 How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?
You'll need to make sure that your software is using the font to display the
text.  Other than that, you don't have to change anything.

There have recently been many, many (many) posts on displaying Chinese
characters.  One of the original question-askers posted a site where he got
a font or some fonts.  I may have posted a font name or two that have the
characters in them, also.  Search old Windows CE newsgroup messages at:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=microsoft.public.windowsce

Paul T.

Quote:
> Thanks, Paul,

> Any idea about where to get a Chinese Font? After I put it to My Device\
> Windows\Font,  I do not need to change my software, right?

> John

> > Are you using a font which has those glyphs in it?

> > Paul T.

> > > Hi there,

> > > Could you please let me know why I cannot display the
> > > Chinese Character? Please see the codes below. I only can
> > > see an invisible character. Should I install any software
> > > to support Chinese Character?

> > > Thanks.

> > > John

> > >   //eVC++ 3.0
> > >   //Show Chinese Character  For Test Purpose Only
> > >   CString strChineseChar;
> > >   nChineseChar = 5218; //Unicode of a Chinese Character
> > >   strChineseChar += TCHAR(nChineseChar);
> > >   m_Combo6.AddString (strChineseChar);

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:36:05 GMT
 How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?
Found this website this morning.

http://www.twinbridge.com/Products/CJKTTFont/cttfont.html

Quote:

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:07:13 GMT
 How to display the Chinese Character in PPC2002?
Hello, Paul,

Thank you very much for your help on my questions.

I search the websites as you suggested, and I found the following websites:

http://www.micro-cheng.com/products/cime.html ****************** Nice
Website

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=chinese+font+download&hl=en&lr=&ie=...
elm=sfhi8sc7pqq8rl5dgktg12o9vdt69k9ale%404ax.com&rnum=3 ************
Download Chinese Font

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=chinese+font+download&hl=en&lr=&ie=...
elm=umTNuYL6CHA.2420%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl&rnum=8 ***************** Good
site TrueType font download Chinese

http://www.twinbridge.com/Products/CJKTTFont/cttfont.html ****************
Great Download Unicode Simplified and Traditional Chinese Char

I then found MSHEI.TTF was already in my desktop. So I use the remote file
viewer to export it to the emulator (\\Windows\Font), and I add it to the
registration table via remote registry editor.
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg
32\OpenSaveMRU\TTF). Hhowever, I found I still could not see the Chinese
Character.

As a second try, I downloaded the trial version of CE-STAR, and I found I
could input Chinese character to my software. However, I still could not see
the character I set as Unicode (see belows).

So what should I do for next step?

Thanks a lot.

John

//eVC++ 3.0

//Show Chinese Character For Test Purpose Only

CString strChineseChar;

nChineseChar = 5218; //Unicode of a Chinese Character

strChineseChar += TCHAR(nChineseChar);

m_Combo6.AddString (strChineseChar);

Quote:
> You'll need to make sure that your software is using the font to display
the
> text.  Other than that, you don't have to change anything.

> There have recently been many, many (many) posts on displaying Chinese
> characters.  One of the original question-askers posted a site where he
got
> a font or some fonts.  I may have posted a font name or two that have the
> characters in them, also.  Search old Windows CE newsgroup messages at:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=microsoft.public.windowsce

> Paul T.

> > Thanks, Paul,

> > Any idea about where to get a Chinese Font? After I put it to My Device\
> > Windows\Font,  I do not need to change my software, right?

> > John

> > > Are you using a font which has those glyphs in it?

> > > Paul T.

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:25:53 GMT

1. Problem Display Chinese Characters in VC++ in Windows 2000 with NJStart Viewer

2. Display mixed character string in Simplified and Traditional Chinese

3. how to display chinese character

4. How to display Chinese Character

5. Chinese Character Display!!!!

6. Old question:Problem to display Chinese Character

7. Chinese Character display issue

8. Display Chinese Characters

9. display chinese character problem

10. SOS --- display chinese characters

11. *** Printout Chinese Chinese Characters dynamically***

12. Display Chinese Font in Chinese Windows 95?