DebugActiveProcess and DebugActiveProcessStop?
Author Message
 DebugActiveProcess and DebugActiveProcessStop?

Hi

I have written my own dbdump so I can read and display the OutputDebugString
from processes running on CE. I can attach to a process using
DebugActivateProcess and get the debug info, but when I exit "my dbdump" I
can't launch it again on the same process, DebugActivateProcess returns
false. CE does not support DebugActivateProcessStop, is that the problem or
are there some handles that I don't close?

The original dbdump uses a memory mapped file and two events, I guess it's
not the same for CE (I can't get it to work) but is there someting similare?
I only want to get the OutputDebugString.

/Ks

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 01:46:25 GMT
 DebugActiveProcess and DebugActiveProcessStop?

Quote:
> Hi

> I have written my own dbdump so I can read and display the
OutputDebugString
> from processes running on CE. I can attach to a process using
> DebugActivateProcess and get the debug info, but when I exit "my dbdump" I
> can't launch it again on the same process, DebugActivateProcess returns
> false. CE does not support DebugActivateProcessStop, is that the problem
or
> are there some handles that I don't close?

> The original dbdump uses a memory mapped file and two events, I guess it's
> not the same for CE (I can't get it to work) but is there someting
similare?
> I only want to get the OutputDebugString.

The de{*filter*} model on CE does not support detaching the de{*filter*} from the
running process.  When the de{*filter*} terminates, the process being debugged
is also terminated.

Come to that, I wasn't aware of DebugActiveProcessStop on Windows NT, and I
can't find any documentation for it.  Ah - I've just looked on the MSDN
website and see that it's new for Windows XP.

--
Mike Dimmick

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 05:38:31 GMT

1. DebugActiveProcessStop