File I/O
Author Message
 File I/O

Hi there ! :)

   I have a text file which contain about 3000 over lines of data, and my
current system is doing a while loop and use "fgets" to get each line of
data and proccess it, just curious,  if i would want to optimize it, using
CreateMapFileView would it increase the performance significantly ?
   There is another question, in normal desktop application File I/O is
accessing the physical file stored in the hard drive, and ususally it would
be slow if we reading the file line by line instead of reading it a few
kilobytes at a time into the memory, since our pocket pc is using compact
flash memory, therefore, would the same File I/O process, i mean reading
line by line would become a performance issue too ?

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:19:39 GMT

1. Playing *.wav files with OS/2

2. CFile exception: accessDenied, File Unknown, OS error information = 5 -- Updated

3. CFile exception: accessDenied, File Unknown, OS error information = 5.

4. Diff between PPC OS / HPC OS/ eXP OS

5. How to retrieve the date os a file ?

6. OS/390 C program File I/O Problem with JCL

7. More file handle for CRTLIB in OS/2

8. Make file (OS/2's nmake) and rcs

9. Examples of persisting/streaming STL collections to OS files

10. WHY MS FEARS SO MUCH ABOUT OS/2?..BECAUSE IT IS BETTER--> GO OS/2 NOW

11. How to upgrade an dll which is locked by window OS when window OS is ruuning?

12. Optimization bug when optimizing for size (-Os)