unable to sync my appln.please help.
Author Message
 unable to sync my appln.please help.

Hello,

Here is my problem :

I have to write an ActiveSync provider.

I used Visual C++ 6.0's wizard to create an "ActiveSync Service
Provider
Wizard" project, which does a simple file synchronization(sample based
on chris muench's book-wce technology tutorial).I have compiled the
project, getting a DLL.After having modify the "register.bat" file in
the "Device" directory, I
have compiled the device project, getting a DLL that was copied on the
PDA.
When I open ActiveSync, in the option menu, I can see
my appln ("MySync1" in the first column, and "MySync1 Store" in
the second one).The line is checked.
The problem occurs when I put the PDA on its base.
ActiveSync is launched,it connects and try to synchronize. But it
doesn't
manage to do it.I have got an error message from ActiveSync. It's
something like :
"Synchronization failure. Unplug the device and try again.one or more
items cannot be synchronized".
If I uncheck the "MySync1" association in the options and I try again,
it
works (connection is OK). Then, if I have a look in the options,
there is no checkbox in the "MySync1" association !
And "MySync1 Store" has been replaced by "Not installed" !
If I switch the PDA off, the "MySync1 Store" is present (and there is
the checkbox).I guess that there is a problem with the DLL for the
desktop computer?
i have checked the registry entries and they r fine.
I'm working with Visual C++ 6.0 using the service wizard,eMbedded
Visual C++ 3.0, ActiveSync 3.1 , and a HP JORNADA POCKETPC 548 SERIES.
I have spend many hours try to make it work. Can somebody help me ?
What
should I do ?
regards,
mandeep.
programmer.

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:03:17 GMT

1. Unable to sync input and output streams

2. Detecting Active Sync Please Help

3. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

4. Help needed to convert Console Based appln to a MFC Application

5. Unable to Connect to Oracle - help please :(

6. Unable to debug-Please Help!!

8. 16-Bit Appln & 32-Bit database

9. How to create Config files for win appln?

10. Help with file syncing...

11. help: Guru needed please please please

12. Help: WaitForSingleObject() - Sync process creation