Using SQL Server CE..
Author Message
 Using SQL Server CE..

Are there any people try to use ADOCE31 (not 3.0) to create sdf database in
Pocket PC ?

use eVC to create a sdf, select, insert, update,delete and so on.

i use the sample C:\Windows CE Tools\.....\Pocket PC
2002\samples\win32\database

only update ADOCE 3.0 to ADOCE 3.1
it does not work.....

do you have sample code by EVC++..
please...

Tue, 17 May 2005 08:56:16 GMT
 Using SQL Server CE..

Sorry about the funny name in the above, but my news reader doesn't support
korean...

Quote:
> Are there any people try to use ADOCE31 (not 3.0) to create sdf database
in
> Pocket PC ?

> use eVC to create a sdf, select, insert, update,delete and so on.

> i use the sample C:\Windows CE Tools\.....\Pocket PC
> 2002\samples\win32\database

As Microsoft discourages use of ADOCE from eVC, you probably won't find many
people using it...

There is a single example in the win32 subdirectory under samples which
seems to use ADOCE.
(Oh, I see that you have been messing with it and gotten just about the same
results as me)

But apart from that, you will probably have to use ADOXCE for creating the
database.

You will probably be better off (and get better performance) from using ODBC

Keld Laursen

Tue, 17 May 2005 15:59:46 GMT
 Using SQL Server CE..
You mean oledb right? :)

----------

Quote:

> Sorry about the funny name in the above, but my news reader doesn't support
> korean...

> > Are there any people try to use ADOCE31 (not 3.0) to create sdf database
> in
> > Pocket PC ?

> > use eVC to create a sdf, select, insert, update,delete and so on.

> > i use the sample C:\Windows CE Tools\.....\Pocket PC
> > 2002\samples\win32\database

> As Microsoft discourages use of ADOCE from eVC, you probably won't find many
> people using it...

> There is a single example in the win32 subdirectory under samples which
> seems to use ADOCE.
> (Oh, I see that you have been messing with it and gotten just about the same
> results as me)

> But apart from that, you will probably have to use ADOXCE for creating the
> database.

> You will probably be better off (and get better performance) from using ODBC

> Keld Laursen

Fri, 20 May 2005 18:52:31 GMT
 Using SQL Server CE..

Quote:
> You mean oledb right? :)

(Eyes down in embarrasment)
Yes I do.

Keld Laursen

Fri, 20 May 2005 19:35:23 GMT
 Using SQL Server CE..
I posted some code a while back on one of the Windows CE newsgroups that
showed how to create a database through ADOCE 3.1 and eVC 3.0.  I don't
recall if I posted all of the code, but I think it also showed how to insert
and query the database, also.  To delete the database, just close it and
delete the file from the filesystem.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Are there any people try to use ADOCE31 (not 3.0) to create sdf database
in
> Pocket PC ?

> use eVC to create a sdf, select, insert, update,delete and so on.

> i use the sample C:\Windows CE Tools\.....\Pocket PC
> 2002\samples\win32\database

> only update ADOCE 3.0 to ADOCE 3.1
> it does not work.....

> do you have sample code by EVC++..
> please...

Sat, 21 May 2005 00:23:22 GMT

1. SQL Server CE 2.0, EVC++4, and CE.NET

2. SQL Server CE, CE.NET and eVC++ 4

3. Install and Access SQL Server CE

4. What difference between put_Value and appendchunk in ADOCE31 for SQL Server CE

5. SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition

6. rapi & sql server ce

7. Emulator and SQL Server CE

8. MS smartphone and SQL server CE edition

9. Accessing SQL Server CE database with eVC++

10. eVC and SQL server CE / ADOCE

11. OLEDB, eVC and SQL Server CE

12. Access and SQL Server CE sync