_WIN32_WCE symbol not acting consistently?
Author Message
 _WIN32_WCE symbol not acting consistently?

My projects have this preprocessor definition by default:

_WIN32_WCE=$(CEVersion)

Yet in my projects, I have this code at one point:

#ifdef _WIN32_WCE
    return NULL;
#endif
#error Shouldn't be here on Windows CE

and I get the familiar:
fatal error C1189: #error :  Shouldn't be here.

At no point is _WIN32_WCE #undef'ed. In fact, one of the included
header files recognises it just fine. So I have no idea what's going
on.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:18:48 GMT
 _WIN32_WCE symbol not acting consistently?
#error is a preprocessor token.  It's effects can only be masked by other
preprocessor tokens, such as #ifdef. Try:

#ifdef _WIN32_WCE
    return NULL;
#else

--
Russ Keldorph

me.)

OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"

Quote:
> My projects have this preprocessor definition by default:

> _WIN32_WCE=$(CEVersion)

> Yet in my projects, I have this code at one point:

> #ifdef _WIN32_WCE
>     return NULL;
> #endif
> #error Shouldn't be here on Windows CE

> and I get the familiar:
> fatal error C1189: #error :  Shouldn't be here.

> At no point is _WIN32_WCE #undef'ed. In fact, one of the included
> header files recognises it just fine. So I have no idea what's going
> on.

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 00:03:36 GMT

1. Modal dialog not acting modal

2. intellisense doesnt work consistently on nested classes

3. TranslateAccelerator consistently fails

4. How to benchmark consistently?

5. C# CONSISTENTLY skips lines of code

6. Debug Symbol File search path setting not remembered.

7. system symbols not all loading

8. Symbol Not Found

9. Help - dr watson is not showing my symbols

10. symbols ok in winDbg, not in vc

11. VC++5 does not recognise W2k symbols

12. Preloaded symbols may not match?