read multiple serial ports problem
Author Message
 read multiple serial ports problem

Hi All,

i am developing an application where
wince has to talk to about 4 devices every
150ms using serial communication.

I have one thread to write to all the ports
and and 4 threads to read from each port.
The devices respond only if i send something to them.

My problem is that if i read from multiple ports
only the 1st one responds. Others don't respond.

wher could i have gone wrong?

i appreciate your response.

Thanks kp

  serialcomm.txt
8K Download

Thu, 26 May 2005 12:47:19 GMT
 read multiple serial ports problem
Hi,

i rewrote the code again...it works.

kp

Fri, 27 May 2005 01:17:46 GMT

1. problem: reading characters from serial port

2. Problem with reading serial port on IBM PC

3. Serial I/O Problem: Reading/Writing the same Port

4. Serial Port Read Problem

5. Serial port to serial port copying software

6. Challenge: Virtual serial ports from real serial port

7. Opening multiple serial ports

8. Reading from a Serial Port with C# ???

9. Write and Read on Serial Port of PC

10. Read/Write serial port using C#

11. Serial port read/write in C

12. Q: Simple way to read from serial port?