can not execute the program in evc++
Author Message
 can not execute the program in evc++

hi friends,

i have created the dll file in platform builder, i have linked the lib
file in evc++ poject setting, the .exe is able to download to the
emulator, but when i  execute the application i am getting the  error
cannot execute the program.
what will the problem.

please help me ASSP

regards
jyothi

Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:19:11 GMT
 can not execute the program in evc++
What will the error?  We can't diagnose this problem with essentially zero
information.  Is the DLL in the emulator?  Is it compiled for the right
processor type?

Paul T.

Quote:
> hi friends,

> i have created the dll file in platform builder, i have linked the lib
> file in evc++ poject setting, the .exe is able to download to the
> emulator, but when i  execute the application i am getting the  error
> cannot execute the program.
> what will the problem.

> please help me ASSP

> regards
> jyothi

Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:43:53 GMT
 can not execute the program in evc++
hello,

i am writting a driver in platform builder, the driver file is a .dll,
i am linking the .lib file of my driver to evc application, where i am
writting user mode application to use my driver.
for installing my driver, i am calling driver(.dll) api in evc.

for testing this i am using the  emulator in evc,
my evc application is downloading to the emulator and when i try to
execute the application i am getting the eroor like can not execute
the application.

i have checked all the setting (remote configration)all are fine.

help me

regards

jyothi

Quote:
> What will the error?  We can't diagnose this problem with essentially zero
> information.  Is the DLL in the emulator?  Is it compiled for the right
> processor type?

> Paul T.

> > hi friends,

> > i have created the dll file in platform builder, i have linked the lib
> > file in evc++ poject setting, the .exe is able to download to the
> > emulator, but when i  execute the application i am getting the  error
> > cannot execute the program.
> > what will the problem.

> > please help me ASSP

> > regards
> > jyothi

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:10:39 GMT
 can not execute the program in evc++
You don't want to link to the import library for the driver DLL.
Device.exe, the Device Manager, is going to load the driver, not your
application.  If your application loads the DLL, it will get a completely
separate instance of the DLL from what Device Manager gets, so I don't see
any use in doing that.

My best guess, with still incomplete information, is that the DLL is *not*
in the emulator, so, when you try to run your application, the loader finds
that it's explicitly linked to a DLL which can't be found, so the program
can't be loaded.

Paul T.

Quote:
> hello,

> i am writting a driver in platform builder, the driver file is a .dll,
> i am linking the .lib file of my driver to evc application, where i am
> writting user mode application to use my driver.
> for installing my driver, i am calling driver(.dll) api in evc.

> for testing this i am using the  emulator in evc,
> my evc application is downloading to the emulator and when i try to
> execute the application i am getting the eroor like can not execute
> the application.

> i have checked all the setting (remote configration)all are fine.

> help me

> regards

> jyothi

> > What will the error?  We can't diagnose this problem with essentially
zero
> > information.  Is the DLL in the emulator?  Is it compiled for the right
> > processor type?

> > Paul T.

> > > hi friends,

> > > i have created the dll file in platform builder, i have linked the lib
> > > file in evc++ poject setting, the .exe is able to download to the
> > > emulator, but when i  execute the application i am getting the  error
> > > cannot execute the program.
> > > what will the problem.

> > > please help me ASSP

> > > regards
> > > jyothi

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:48:35 GMT
 can not execute the program in evc++
hi,

when i compile my evc application, i emulator is opening and my .exe
file and mfcce400d.dll. are downloaded to the emulator, if i want to
download some other .dll files into it. how to download it to the
emulator

regards
jyothi

Quote:
> You don't want to link to the import library for the driver DLL.
> Device.exe, the Device Manager, is going to load the driver, not your
> application.  If your application loads the DLL, it will get a completely
> separate instance of the DLL from what Device Manager gets, so I don't see
> any use in doing that.

> My best guess, with still incomplete information, is that the DLL is *not*
> in the emulator, so, when you try to run your application, the loader finds
> that it's explicitly linked to a DLL which can't be found, so the program
> can't be loaded.

> Paul T.

> > hello,

> > i am writting a driver in platform builder, the driver file is a .dll,
> > i am linking the .lib file of my driver to evc application, where i am
> > writting user mode application to use my driver.
> > for installing my driver, i am calling driver(.dll) api in evc.

> > for testing this i am using the  emulator in evc,
> > my evc application is downloading to the emulator and when i try to
> > execute the application i am getting the eroor like can not execute
> > the application.

> > i have checked all the setting (remote configration)all are fine.

> > help me

> > regards

> > jyothi

> > > What will the error?  We can't diagnose this problem with essentially
>  zero
> > > information.  Is the DLL in the emulator?  Is it compiled for the right
> > > processor type?

> > > Paul T.

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:15:17 GMT
 can not execute the program in evc++
Remote File Viewer.

Paul T.

Quote:
> hi,

> when i compile my evc application, i emulator is opening and my .exe
> file and mfcce400d.dll. are downloaded to the emulator, if i want to
> download some other .dll files into it. how to download it to the
> emulator

> regards
> jyothi

Quote:
> > You don't want to link to the import library for the driver DLL.
> > Device.exe, the Device Manager, is going to load the driver, not your
> > application.  If your application loads the DLL, it will get a
completely
> > separate instance of the DLL from what Device Manager gets, so I don't
see
> > any use in doing that.

> > My best guess, with still incomplete information, is that the DLL is
*not*
> > in the emulator, so, when you try to run your application, the loader
finds
> > that it's explicitly linked to a DLL which can't be found, so the
program
> > can't be loaded.

> > Paul T.

> > > hello,

> > > i am writting a driver in platform builder, the driver file is a .dll,
> > > i am linking the .lib file of my driver to evc application, where i am
> > > writting user mode application to use my driver.
> > > for installing my driver, i am calling driver(.dll) api in evc.

> > > for testing this i am using the  emulator in evc,
> > > my evc application is downloading to the emulator and when i try to
> > > execute the application i am getting the eroor like can not execute
> > > the application.

> > > i have checked all the setting (remote configration)all are fine.

> > > help me

> > > regards

> > > jyothi

message

> >  zero

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:57:28 GMT

1. Problem executing eVC++ 4.0 on Win XP

2. ADOCE Connection Execute() with eVC++

3. Execute a EVB app from a EVC app

4. How to execute a .vb file from eVC ??

5. Help with compiling a "canned" program

6. Custom Platform SDK Not Showing as Installed under eVC++ 4.0

7. dialog size in evc++ dialog editor not the same as size in pixels on device

8. Unable to run eVC++ 3.0 program in PocketPC

9. Text header in win32 programming with eVC++

10. Quesion on win32 programming in eVC++

11. Functions of Program do not execute properly

12. Need Help Executing Program (suggestions from group added but not quite there yet)