Help , compiling issues for set top box.
Author Message
 Help , compiling issues for set top box.

i want to create a program in vc++ to run on my set top box.  I tried
it in evb but cannot get it to compile for this box.  so I am
resorting to evc++.  I already compiled a small program to run on the
box. The producer of the SDK said i cannot use MFC as a dll because
the box does not contain the mfc30.dll. So I am wondering how i can
get around this?  also when i go to "NEW" and choose a "wince
application", i find that i cannot add any dialog boxes or stuff like
that without the compiler complaining about its class when i compile
it, even if i use the class wizard that is described in the book.
Sorry for this being so long winded, thanks for helping a newbie out.

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:50:48 GMT
 Help , compiling issues for set top box.
when i choose a windows ce application ,it runs fine until i put a
control on the existing dialog and use class wizard , then i start to
get errors like Base class CDialog not defined.    if i use an MFC exe
for windows ce, it gives me errors before i even modify the project.
complaining that it cant find afxres.h ...(i add the one in the
windows directory) then it leads me on a wild goose chase for files it
wants , in the end it winds up with a bunch of syntax errors.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:12:39 GMT
 Help , compiling issues for set top box.
When you run the wizard, it asks you if you want to use MFC as a DLL or not.
Just choose 'not'.

Paul T.

Quote:
> when i choose a windows ce application ,it runs fine until i put a
> control on the existing dialog and use class wizard , then i start to
> get errors like Base class CDialog not defined.    if i use an MFC exe
> for windows ce, it gives me errors before i even modify the project.
> complaining that it cant find afxres.h ...(i add the one in the
> windows directory) then it leads me on a wild goose chase for files it
> wants , in the end it winds up with a bunch of syntax errors.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 06:48:18 GMT
 Help , compiling issues for set top box.
It asks if i want to use mfc as a shared dll or a static linked
library.  i always choose static linked library.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:16:46 GMT
 Help , compiling issues for set top box.
Then you shouldn't have any linkage problems unless you are editing the
library list in the project settings.  The only other tip that I can think
of is to make sure you haven't extern "C"-ed some include files that you
shouldn't have somewhere...

Paul T.

Quote:
> It asks if i want to use mfc as a shared dll or a static linked
> library.  i always choose static linked library.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:49:26 GMT

1. Setting a window always on top help

2. performance issue in using set::find and set::insert with comparision function specified

3. Newbie help: Setting backcolor of dialog box

4. set an arbitrary printer driver in print dialog box without showing the print dialog box

5. how to set an arbitrary printer driver in print dialog box without showing the dialog box

6. MFC App + Managed C++ : Release compiles, Debug DOESN'T (operator new issue)

7. ToString in ArrayList - compile issue

8. compiling issue on solaris unix

9. Books on low-level link/compile issues?

10. newbie having compiling issues

11. Controls with DockStyle.Top Dock property set comes in opposite order

12. How can I set a PropertyFrame created with OleCreatePropertyFrame always on top of the z-order