Single step inside assembler code
Author Message
 Single step inside assembler code

I need to debug software that is partially written in assembler (ARM).
However I cannot step into jumps inside the assembler part. Instead of
a single step the whole program is executed. I tried to set a breakpoint
at the jump destination, but it did not work.
any help is appreciated.

Thu, 26 May 2005 05:26:43 GMT
 Single step inside assembler code

Quote:
> I need to debug software that is partially written in assembler (ARM).
> However I cannot step into jumps inside the assembler part. Instead of a
> single step the whole program is executed. I tried to set a breakpoint
> at the jump destination, but it did not work.
> any help is appreciated.

uh, forgot to mention: EVC++ 3.00, Pocket PC 2002, ARM

Thu, 26 May 2005 05:29:03 GMT

1. Stepping thru assembler codes in GDB (How?)

2. WeakReference doesn't work when step through the sample code inside a debugger

3. How to stop debugger stepping into assembler

4. suddenly slow .net debug single-stepping

5. How to skip CString in single-step?

6. single-stepping in a multi-threaded process

7. Single Stepping into MFC Sources?

8. SIngle step and breakpoint debugger problems

9. Single Step Debug Function in DevStudio 97?

10. Single Step Debug function in DevStudio 97

11. Visual C 5 single stepping and breakpoint problems

12. Writting Debugger, single step?