Does CAPI for WinCE support PKCS#7?
Author Message
 Does CAPI for WinCE support PKCS#7?

I would like to ask whether CAPI 2.0 for WinCE support PKCS#7 creation
as well as verification as Windows9X/2000 platform do?

I knew that CAPI for desktop has a group of Simplified Message
Functions such as "CryptSignMessage", "CryptEncryptMessage" to create
a PKCS#7 signed/enveloped data and "CryptVerifyMessageSignature",
"CryptDecryptMessage" to decrypt/verify the PKCS#7 message, but I
couldn't find it in CAPI for WinCE.

I wonder if CAPI for WinCE doesn't support such functions...

And If so, do u think it is possible to wrap up the low-level
crypto-functions provided by CAPI[WinCE] into the high-level functions
which are able to do crypto operations on PKCS#7?

Best regards,
Peter

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:31:55 GMT
 Does CAPI for WinCE support PKCS#7?
PKCS #7 is not supported in CE at this time.  It's possible to implement it
with the low level CAPI functions, but it won't be possible to integrate it
into the CE applications (pIE, pOutlook.)

--

Marcus Ash - marcashATmicrosoft.com
Lead Program Manager

> I would like to ask whether CAPI 2.0 for WinCE support PKCS#7 creation
> as well as verification as Windows9X/2000 platform do?

> I knew that CAPI for desktop has a group of Simplified Message
> Functions such as "CryptSignMessage", "CryptEncryptMessage" to create
> a PKCS#7 signed/enveloped data and "CryptVerifyMessageSignature",
> "CryptDecryptMessage" to decrypt/verify the PKCS#7 message, but I
> couldn't find it in CAPI for WinCE.

> I wonder if CAPI for WinCE doesn't support such functions...

> And If so, do u think it is possible to wrap up the low-level
> crypto-functions provided by CAPI[WinCE] into the high-level functions
> which are able to do crypto operations on PKCS#7?

> Best regards,
> Peter

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:23:21 GMT

1. Winsock Events support in WinCE 4.1 or 4.2

2. Do WinCE support console-base application?

3. Web Dav support for WinCe

4. multimedia I/O support on Wince 3.0

5. directx support on Wince

6. WINCE 4.0 support

7. Support of DCOM in WinCE

8. Is ADOCE 3.1 supported in WinCE .NET?

9. SSL support on WinCE 3.0 and PPC 2002?????

10. Wininet support for SSL on WinCE and PPC2002?????

11. Is WM_NCPAINT event supported in WinCE (Need to implement for a window in eVC)

12. Does WINCE.Net ATA Driver Support TX based MainBoard