The new IPAQs have an OS named pocket 2002
Author Message
 The new IPAQs have an OS named pocket 2002

Hi,

I've been writing a program to target a IPAQ  (HP3630) that appears to have
CE 3.0.9358 (build 9346).

I've just been told the new ones now have a different OS.  The name of the
os is Pocket PC 2002.

Is this still the CE os with a different name? or does that make the target
program I have to write different to support the new OS?

Thanks in advance

David Stockwell
Leading Edge Design & Systems

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 01:59:31 GMT
 The new IPAQs have an OS named pocket 2002
Pocket PC 2000: ARM, MIPS, SH3, CEF, CE 3.0.9346
Pocket PC 2002: ARM only, CE 3.0.11171

PPC 2002 will run code generated for ARM chip with 2000 SDK. For new
functionality, you need PPC 2002 SDK which is in beta.

You can find many references to this on http://www.pocketpc.com Click the
"Developer" link and read up.

> Hi,

> I've been writing a program to target a IPAQ  (HP3630) that appears to
have
> CE 3.0.9358 (build 9346).

> I've just been told the new ones now have a different OS.  The name of the
> os is Pocket PC 2002.

> Is this still the CE os with a different name? or does that make the
target
> program I have to write different to support the new OS?

> Thanks in advance

> David Stockwell
> Leading Edge Design & Systems

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 02:39:58 GMT

1. Pocket PC 2002 serial number - new QA at pocketpcdn.com

2. New password feature in Pocket PC 2002

3. Pocket PC / Pocket PC 2002: CDialog::m_bFullScreen

4. Pocket PC / Pocket PC 2002: CDialog::m_bFullScreen

5. what differencies are between Pocket PC SDK an Pocket PC 2002 SDK

6. How to use CFileDialog in Pocket pc 2002?

7. MAPI SendMail question on pocket 2002 platform

8. Tooltips in Pocket PC 2002

9. Message under Mobile 2003 when starting a Pocket PC 2002 Application

10. ATL in Pocket PC 2002 SDK

11. sms from pocket pc 2002

12. PPTP for Pocket PC 2002?