GN_CONTEXTMENU???
Author Message
 GN_CONTEXTMENU???

I would like to implement this feature (I am now using a timer) but I NEVER
receive this notification! Is there some style or flag I have to set or has
this feature been discontinued?

Here's what I have in the main message loop of my program:

  case WM_NOTIFY:
           nId = (int)wParam;
           if(nId == GN_CONTEXTMENU)
                   MessageBox(NULL, TEXT("Tapped and held"),
TEXT("TapnHold"),  MB_OK);
           break;

But I could tap'n hold all day and not receive any notifications.
(I have an Edit box as a child control)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick C.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:42:25 GMT
 GN_CONTEXTMENU???

Do you use SHRecognizeGesture to request GN_CONTEXTMENU message? You should
do it (say, in OnLButtonDown handler) to recognize that the stylus is held
on the screen for some time (in which case GN_CONTEXTMENU will be fired to
you).

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

Quote:
> I would like to implement this feature (I am now using a timer) but I
NEVER
> receive this notification! Is there some style or flag I have to set or
has
> this feature been discontinued?

> Here's what I have in the main message loop of my program:

>   case WM_NOTIFY:
>            nId = (int)wParam;
>            if(nId == GN_CONTEXTMENU)
>                    MessageBox(NULL, TEXT("Tapped and held"),
> TEXT("TapnHold"),  MB_OK);
>            break;

> But I could tap'n hold all day and not receive any notifications.
> (I have an Edit box as a child control)

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Rick C.

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:50:46 GMT
 GN_CONTEXTMENU???
Thanks, I did finally find a reference to this obscure API call. After
looking it over I think I'll just stick with my timer. I was hoping for
something 'easier' not more complicated. Maybe that's why it's so obscure?

Thanks again.
Rick C.

Quote:

> Do you use SHRecognizeGesture to request GN_CONTEXTMENU message? You
should
> do it (say, in OnLButtonDown handler) to recognize that the stylus is held
> on the screen for some time (in which case GN_CONTEXTMENU will be fired to
> you).

> --
> Sincerely,
> Alexander

> http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

> > I would like to implement this feature (I am now using a timer) but I
> NEVER
> > receive this notification! Is there some style or flag I have to set or
> has
> > this feature been discontinued?

> > Here's what I have in the main message loop of my program:

> >   case WM_NOTIFY:
> >            nId = (int)wParam;
> >            if(nId == GN_CONTEXTMENU)
> >                    MessageBox(NULL, TEXT("Tapped and held"),
> > TEXT("TapnHold"),  MB_OK);
> >            break;

> > But I could tap'n hold all day and not receive any notifications.
> > (I have an Edit box as a child control)

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Rick C.