Memory Leaks!
Author Message
 Memory Leaks!

Hi

We are developing an app in EVC4.0 and have some problem with memory leaks.

In 24 hour we are losing 14Mbyte. I'm used to work in Visual studio were
memory leek's is reported on program exit, but I don't find this feature in
EVC.

Can anyone tell me how to hunt memory leaks?

Best Regards

Kristian Vang

Easyprint

Sun, 29 May 2005 16:06:53 GMT
 Memory Leaks!

Quote:
> We are developing an app in EVC4.0 and have some problem with memory
leaks.

> In 24 hour we are losing 14Mbyte. I'm used to work in Visual studio were
> memory leek's is reported on program exit, but I don't find this feature
in
> EVC.

> Can anyone tell me how to hunt memory leaks?

I don't know if it's supported in WinCE, but can you use CMemoryState?

Jason Teagle

A list of programming resources I use:
ML: www.windev.org, www.codecipher.com, www.beginthread.com
MB: www.codeguru.com, www.codeproject.com
NG: comp.lang.java.*
OI: www.php.net

Sun, 29 May 2005 17:51:12 GMT
 Memory Leaks!

Unfortunately, no. CMemoryState class is implemented using DCRT debug heap
which is unsupported by eVC, that's why it was deleted from Pocket PC
version of MFC.

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

Quote:

> > We are developing an app in EVC4.0 and have some problem with memory
> leaks.

> > In 24 hour we are losing 14Mbyte. I'm used to work in Visual studio were
> > memory leek's is reported on program exit, but I don't find this feature
> in
> > EVC.

> > Can anyone tell me how to hunt memory leaks?

> I don't know if it's supported in WinCE, but can you use CMemoryState?

> --
> --
> Jason Teagle

> A list of programming resources I use:
> ML: www.windev.org, www.codecipher.com, www.beginthread.com
> MB: www.codeguru.com, www.codeproject.com
> NG: comp.lang.java.*
> OI: www.php.net

Sun, 29 May 2005 17:58:12 GMT
 Memory Leaks!

Quote:

> Unfortunately, no. CMemoryState class is implemented using DCRT debug heap
> which is unsupported by eVC, that's why it was deleted from Pocket PC
> version of MFC.

Oh dear. I was hoping standard MSDN (with VC 6) would tell me this.

Is there any help file system (HTML format is fine) that I can download that
is JUST WinCE stuff? In other words, something I can search reliably for
such things to determine if they exist and how well they are supported? I
have a shortcut to the online MSDN docs, but they're only searchable across
the whole board, I can't localise it to WinCE which is a bit useless {:v(

Jason Teagle

A list of programming resources I use:
ML: www.windev.org, www.codecipher.com, www.beginthread.com
MB: www.codeguru.com, www.codeproject.com
NG: comp.lang.java.*
OI: www.php.net

Sun, 29 May 2005 18:04:34 GMT
 Memory Leaks!

Unsupported MFC classes list fro CE is found in "Unsupported MFC Classes"
document. I can see it in Jan 2002 MSDN but can't see it in Jan 2001 MSDN.
Looks like a new MSDN is required.

As to "pure CE" docs, these are included with Embedded Visual Syudio and
different SDKs for CE-based devices.

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

Quote:

> > Unfortunately, no. CMemoryState class is implemented using DCRT debug
heap
> > which is unsupported by eVC, that's why it was deleted from Pocket PC
> > version of MFC.

> Oh dear. I was hoping standard MSDN (with VC 6) would tell me this.

> Is there any help file system (HTML format is fine) that I can download
that
> is JUST WinCE stuff? In other words, something I can search reliably for
> such things to determine if they exist and how well they are supported? I
> have a shortcut to the online MSDN docs, but they're only searchable
across
> the whole board, I can't localise it to WinCE which is a bit useless {:v(

> --
> --
> Jason Teagle

> A list of programming resources I use:
> ML: www.windev.org, www.codecipher.com, www.beginthread.com
> MB: www.codeguru.com, www.codeproject.com
> NG: comp.lang.java.*
> OI: www.php.net

Sun, 29 May 2005 18:22:55 GMT
 Memory Leaks!
Check out the ToolBox from Enrek. It has a great memory leak detection
system. http://www.Entrek.com

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
Entelechy Consulting

Sun, 29 May 2005 20:42:38 GMT
 Memory Leaks!
If you search the web there is a free memory leak
detector for CE.  I believe the author's name is Ciprian
McLaus(sp?).  I use this to catch new/delete memory
leaks.  It will not catch malloc or free.  We also build
the project as a win32 under Visual Studio.net to find
other potential leaks.

-Jason

Sun, 29 May 2005 22:17:46 GMT

1. Handle leak, memory leak...

2. Class object, returning pointers, dynamic memory, memory leaks

3. Finding memory leaks in shared memory pool

4. Memory leaks, DLL and memory allocation.

5. Tracking memory leaks and debugging memory problems

6. Memory leak when using Memory DC

7. About memory leak in VC++, how can i know where my program has memory leak?

8. Tracking down memory leak?

9. Interop memory leak with VB.NET to VC++

10. MDI splitter child crame and memory leaks

11. Memory leaks

12. memory leak with BSTR or VARIANT or other web browser MSHTML interfacing