help with CabWiz
Author Message
 help with CabWiz

Seasons Greetings!

I'm a newbie to doing installations so please be kind...

I've developed an application with eVC3.  I want to distribute it with a
simple installation for iPAQs and SH3 devices.  I have executables unique to
each processor and two support files common to both processors.

I've looked at the Microsoft technical article on installation.  I'm don't
get it!

I've tried to follow the technical article as closely as I could but I get
all kinds of warnings that don't make any sense.  For instance I get :

----------------------
Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Application" is not using the
string "%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Shared" is not using the
string "%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Shortcuts" is not using the string
"%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section [RegSettings] has no data
Warning: Section [DefaultInstall] key "AddReg" - there are no section
entries to process
Warning: Found macro "%CompanyName%", which may be missing a substitution
string in the source INF file
Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Application" is not using the
string "%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Shared" is not using the
string "%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Shortcuts" is not using the string
"%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section [RegSettings] has no data
Warning: Section [DefaultInstall] key "AddReg" - there are no section
entries to process
Warning: Found macro "%CompanyName%", which may be missing a substitution
string in the source INF file
---------------------

Does someone have a simple play-by-play example I could use as a reference?
What do I have to do after getting the .cab files created for specific
installations?

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Dave

Fri, 27 May 2005 12:27:27 GMT
 help with CabWiz
Thanks very much... I'll try it out.

--
"May your skies be dark and windless"
Remove the 'DOT' in the return unless you're a spammer.

Quote:
> Using Cabwiz ----------------------------------------

> 1. You have to make a *.inf file.

> 2. Use Cabwiz for example -> cabwiz d:\mfc\mfc.inf /cpu arm

> Attached File is *.inf File...

> And you can visit
> http://www.sundialsoft.freeserve.co.uk/cabinfo.htm for more info.

> > Seasons Greetings!

> > I'm a newbie to doing installations so please be kind...

> > I've developed an application with eVC3.  I want to distribute it with a
> > simple installation for iPAQs and SH3 devices.  I have executables
unique
> > each processor and two support files common to both processors.

> > I've looked at the Microsoft technical article on installation.  I'm
don't
> > get it!

> > I've tried to follow the technical article as closely as I could but I
get
> > all kinds of warnings that don't make any sense.  For instance I get :

> > ----------------------
> > Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Application" is not using
> the
> > string "%InstallDir%"
> > Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Shared" is not using the
> > string "%InstallDir%"
> > Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Shortcuts" is not using the
string
> > "%InstallDir%"
> > Warning: Section [RegSettings] has no data
> > Warning: Section [DefaultInstall] key "AddReg" - there are no section
> > entries to process
> > Warning: Found macro "%CompanyName%", which may be missing a
substitution
> > string in the source INF file
> > Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Application" is not using
> the
> > string "%InstallDir%"
> > Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Files.Shared" is not using the
> > string "%InstallDir%"
> > Warning: Section [DestinationDirs] key "Shortcuts" is not using the
string
> > "%InstallDir%"
> > Warning: Section [RegSettings] has no data
> > Warning: Section [DefaultInstall] key "AddReg" - there are no section
> > entries to process
> > Warning: Found macro "%CompanyName%", which may be missing a
substitution
> > string in the source INF file
> > ---------------------

> > Does someone have a simple play-by-play example I could use as a
> reference?
> > What do I have to do after getting the .cab files created for specific
> > installations?

> > I'd really appreciate any help.

> > Thanks.

> > Dave

Sat, 28 May 2005 08:51:30 GMT

1. Cabwiz woes

2. Redistributing CabWiz

3. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!

4. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. OSP (Operating System Project) HELP HELP HELP HELP (files module)

7. HELP help HELP help

8. help VIRUS help help VIRUS help !

9. Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!Please help!!!!

10. Help Help Help

11. Help ,Help <help , with my project

12. SOMEONE HELP ME, HELP ME, HELP ME PLEASE...