LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'
Author Message
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

I get this error message when trying to build a DLL for WindowsCE using Visual C++.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

Why am I getting this and how can I correct the problem?

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 06:10:49 GMT
 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'
First, you should be using Embedded Visual C++ or Platform Builder to build
for Windows CE.  Visual C++ is intended to build desktop applications only.

That said, assuming you checked the obvious possibility that it's actually
on your linker command line, it looks like you've got a reference to
useoldio.h or something else that contains

    #pragma comment(lib,"libci")

You might add /P to the compiler command line to get the preprocessed (.i)
file and find out where such a reference is coming from.

If you don't have any luck there, you can try adding /NODEFAULTLIB:libci to
your linker command line.  Of course, if you're using something (like old
C++ streams, which aren't supported on CE) that requires libci, you're going
to get unresolved externals from the linker.

--
Russ Keldorph

me.)

OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"

Quote:
> I get this error message when trying to build a DLL for WindowsCE using
Visual C++.

> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

> Why am I getting this and how can I correct the problem?

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 06:48:00 GMT

1. fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'excpt.h': No such file or directory

2. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib'

3. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

4. Fatal LNK1104: Cannot open LIBCD.LIB

5. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'OLDNAMES.lib'

6. fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42.lib'

7. Linker cannot open file 'mfc70ud.lib'

8. Newbie - Compile error (Cannot open include file: 'xmldom.idl': No such file or directory)

9. BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\StdAfx.sbr': No such file or directory

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'DTL32.lib'

11. LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib"

12. VC 5.0 LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBCD.lib"