download dll to PPC 2002 emulator
Author Message
 download dll to PPC 2002 emulator

I built a DLL and had it downloaded to the PPC 2002 emulator.  The output
indicates
that everything's successful and the dll file has been downloaded to the
remote file
\Windows\PhoneTest.dll.  But when I go to the emulator to check for that
file,
it's not there.  I even tried explicitly adding the dll file to the project
as an additional
file, it still doesn't get copied over to the emulator.  Can anyone suggest
what might
be wrong?

Thanks very much.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:54:19 GMT
 download dll to PPC 2002 emulator
Where you look for the files?and what you expect the file be?
If you hook up a real device it get downloaded I bet you!

Quote:
> I built a DLL and had it downloaded to the PPC 2002 emulator.  The output
> indicates
> that everything's successful and the dll file has been downloaded to the
> remote file
> \Windows\PhoneTest.dll.  But when I go to the emulator to check for that
> file,
> it's not there.  I even tried explicitly adding the dll file to the
project
> as an additional
> file, it still doesn't get copied over to the emulator.  Can anyone
suggest
> what might
> be wrong?

> Thanks very much.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:28:19 GMT
 download dll to PPC 2002 emulator
Since my project was set to Pocket PC 2002 Emulation, and my download
directory was
set to \Windows.  I looked for my PhoneTest.dll in \Windows directory on the
emulator and
didn't see it there.  I then switched to Pocket PC 2002 (Default Device)
with the same download
directory, and after download, still did NOT see my dll on my iPaq.

I tried the samething with a WinCE App, from the same EVT.  That works
consistently, the
file (PhoneTestApp.exe) is always correctly downloaded to the emulator.

Is there anything special about a dll?

Quote:
> Where you look for the files?and what you expect the file be?
> If you hook up a real device it get downloaded I bet you!

> > I built a DLL and had it downloaded to the PPC 2002 emulator.  The
output
> > indicates
> > that everything's successful and the dll file has been downloaded to the
> > remote file
> > \Windows\PhoneTest.dll.  But when I go to the emulator to check for that
> > file,
> > it's not there.  I even tried explicitly adding the dll file to the
> project
> > as an additional
> > file, it still doesn't get copied over to the emulator.  Can anyone
> suggest
> > what might
> > be wrong?

> > Thanks very much.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:34:47 GMT
 download dll to PPC 2002 emulator
Here we go!I understand what your problem...
Basicly, when I copied a dll to my handheld I can't see it either. Try to
use MS ActiveSync to browse your device and you should see it now.

Quote:
> Since my project was set to Pocket PC 2002 Emulation, and my download
> directory was
> set to \Windows.  I looked for my PhoneTest.dll in \Windows directory on
the
> emulator and
> didn't see it there.  I then switched to Pocket PC 2002 (Default Device)
> with the same download
> directory, and after download, still did NOT see my dll on my iPaq.

> I tried the samething with a WinCE App, from the same EVT.  That works
> consistently, the
> file (PhoneTestApp.exe) is always correctly downloaded to the emulator.

> Is there anything special about a dll?

> > Where you look for the files?and what you expect the file be?
> > If you hook up a real device it get downloaded I bet you!

> > > I built a DLL and had it downloaded to the PPC 2002 emulator.  The
> output
> > > indicates
> > > that everything's successful and the dll file has been downloaded to
the
> > > remote file
> > > \Windows\PhoneTest.dll.  But when I go to the emulator to check for
that
> > > file,
> > > it's not there.  I even tried explicitly adding the dll file to the
> > project
> > > as an additional
> > > file, it still doesn't get copied over to the emulator.  Can anyone
> > suggest
> > > what might
> > > be wrong?

> > > Thanks very much.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 05:19:32 GMT
 download dll to PPC 2002 emulator
Hi Lily,

I don't know why but on all Pocket PC CE devices I know, many system
files (like DLL's) are hidden in the file explorer and you cannot
change that like you can in desktop windows versions (if I should be
wrong for that, somebody please tell me - I could not find a setting
to change that up to now!). This is probably the only reason why you
do not see your DLL and Super Guy is right that you only can see it
via ActiveSync - by using the remote file viewer from the eVC tools
where you can establish a connection to any device you have installed
SDK's for.
Another possibility might be a third party file viewer but I did not
try any up to now.

HTH
Roland

Quote:

> Since my project was set to Pocket PC 2002 Emulation, and my download
> directory was
> set to \Windows.  I looked for my PhoneTest.dll in \Windows directory on the
> emulator and
> didn't see it there.  I then switched to Pocket PC 2002 (Default Device)
> with the same download
> directory, and after download, still did NOT see my dll on my iPaq.

> I tried the samething with a WinCE App, from the same EVT.  That works
> consistently, the
> file (PhoneTestApp.exe) is always correctly downloaded to the emulator.

> Is there anything special about a dll?

> > Where you look for the files?and what you expect the file be?
> > If you hook up a real device it get downloaded I bet you!

> > > I built a DLL and had it downloaded to the PPC 2002 emulator.  The
>  output
> > > indicates
> > > that everything's successful and the dll file has been downloaded to the
> > > remote file
> > > \Windows\PhoneTest.dll.  But when I go to the emulator to check for that
> > > file,
> > > it's not there.  I even tried explicitly adding the dll file to the
>  project
> > > as an additional
> > > file, it still doesn't get copied over to the emulator.  Can anyone
>  suggest
> > > what might
> > > be wrong?

> > > Thanks very much.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:25:28 GMT

1. compiling PPC 2000 COM DLLs on PPC 2002

2. save image for emulator of PPC 2002

3. cdb datbase on ppc 2002 emulator

4. jpeglib & PPC 2002 emulator

5. Launching PPC 2002 Emulator

6. PPC 2002 Emulator?

7. PPC 2002 Emulator problem, please help.

8. How can I use the PPC 2002 emulator?

9. Menu bar works with PPC 2002 but NOT with PPC 2000 device

10. Problem after installing PPC SDK 2002 (atl dll, eVC 3)

11. PocketPC 2002 emulator and DLL's

12. Unwanted selection in CEdit of CDialog (PPC 2002)