Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK
Author Message
 Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK

Hi

Newbie question - when I try and launch Embedded Visual C++ 4.0, I get the
following message...

"Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK installed
on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before launching
Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++"

Where can I find a CE .NET platform SDK?  When I installed eVC 3.0 Pocket PC
SDKs came with it.  I know there is no Pocket PC version for CE .NET, but is
there at least a standard CE .NET SDK I can install?  I have searched on
this term and come across numerous references to it, but no information on
where to get it!!  I'm probably missing something obvious here, please
help!!

Newbie

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:42:58 GMT
 Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK
There is a STANDARD SDK concept that Microsoft has come up with for Windows
CE.NET.  A given device may or may not support the STANDARD SDK.  If it
does, then you can build your application to that SDK and it should work on
the device.  Do you have a device on which to test this program?  If so, the
manufacturer should be able to give you an SDK for the device...

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi

> Newbie question - when I try and launch Embedded Visual C++ 4.0, I get the
> following message...

> "Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK installed
> on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before
launching
> Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++"

> Where can I find a CE .NET platform SDK?  When I installed eVC 3.0 Pocket
PC
> SDKs came with it.  I know there is no Pocket PC version for CE .NET, but
is
> there at least a standard CE .NET SDK I can install?  I have searched on
> this term and come across numerous references to it, but no information on
> where to get it!!  I'm probably missing something obvious here, please
> help!!

> Newbie

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:59:58 GMT
 Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK
According to a message box displayed when compiling with the STANDARD SDK,
but targeting the emulator, there should be something in the eVC help about
this.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Also, I've read that there is a basic/standard CE .NET device emulator
that
> comes with eVC++ 4.0, I am assuming this is the case?  (since I can't run
> the program I can't confirm or deny this for myself).  If not, where can I
> find one?

> Thanks

> > There is a STANDARD SDK concept that Microsoft has come up with for
> Windows
> > CE.NET.  A given device may or may not support the STANDARD SDK.  If it
> > does, then you can build your application to that SDK and it should work
> on
> > the device.  Do you have a device on which to test this program?  If so,
> the
> > manufacturer should be able to give you an SDK for the device...

> > Paul T.

> > > Hi

> > > Newbie question - when I try and launch Embedded Visual C++ 4.0, I get
> the
> > > following message...

> > > "Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK
> installed
> > > on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before
> > launching
> > > Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++"

> > > Where can I find a CE .NET platform SDK?  When I installed eVC 3.0
> Pocket
> > PC
> > > SDKs came with it.  I know there is no Pocket PC version for CE .NET,
> but
> > is
> > > there at least a standard CE .NET SDK I can install?  I have searched
on
> > > this term and come across numerous references to it, but no
information
> on
> > > where to get it!!  I'm probably missing something obvious here, please
> > > help!!

> > > Newbie

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:27:14 GMT
 Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK
Thanks for your response.  It is the standard sdk that I am interested in
for now, where can I find it??

Shelly

Quote:
> There is a STANDARD SDK concept that Microsoft has come up with for
Windows
> CE.NET.  A given device may or may not support the STANDARD SDK.  If it
> does, then you can build your application to that SDK and it should work
on
> the device.  Do you have a device on which to test this program?  If so,
the
> manufacturer should be able to give you an SDK for the device...

> Paul T.

> > Hi

> > Newbie question - when I try and launch Embedded Visual C++ 4.0, I get
the
> > following message...

> > "Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK
installed
> > on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before
> launching
> > Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++"

> > Where can I find a CE .NET platform SDK?  When I installed eVC 3.0
Pocket
> PC
> > SDKs came with it.  I know there is no Pocket PC version for CE .NET,
but
> is
> > there at least a standard CE .NET SDK I can install?  I have searched on
> > this term and come across numerous references to it, but no information
on
> > where to get it!!  I'm probably missing something obvious here, please
> > help!!

> > Newbie

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:10:58 GMT
 Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK
It's called "Standard SDK for Windows CE.NET".  I think it's on the CD with
eVC 4.0/Platform Builder 4.0.  I don't know where you would download it
(that's not how I got it).

Paul T.

Quote:
> Thanks for your response.  It is the standard sdk that I am interested in
> for now, where can I find it??

> Shelly

> > There is a STANDARD SDK concept that Microsoft has come up with for
> Windows
> > CE.NET.  A given device may or may not support the STANDARD SDK.  If it
> > does, then you can build your application to that SDK and it should work
> on
> > the device.  Do you have a device on which to test this program?  If so,
> the
> > manufacturer should be able to give you an SDK for the device...

> > Paul T.

> > > Hi

> > > Newbie question - when I try and launch Embedded Visual C++ 4.0, I get
> the
> > > following message...

> > > "Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK
> installed
> > > on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before
> > launching
> > > Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++"

> > > Where can I find a CE .NET platform SDK?  When I installed eVC 3.0
> Pocket
> > PC
> > > SDKs came with it.  I know there is no Pocket PC version for CE .NET,
> but
> > is
> > > there at least a standard CE .NET SDK I can install?  I have searched
on
> > > this term and come across numerous references to it, but no
information
> on
> > > where to get it!!  I'm probably missing something obvious here, please
> > > help!!

> > > Newbie

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:18:03 GMT
 Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK
Also, I've read that there is a basic/standard CE .NET device emulator that
comes with eVC++ 4.0, I am assuming this is the case?  (since I can't run
the program I can't confirm or deny this for myself).  If not, where can I
find one?

Thanks

Quote:
> There is a STANDARD SDK concept that Microsoft has come up with for
Windows
> CE.NET.  A given device may or may not support the STANDARD SDK.  If it
> does, then you can build your application to that SDK and it should work
on
> the device.  Do you have a device on which to test this program?  If so,
the
> manufacturer should be able to give you an SDK for the device...

> Paul T.

> > Hi

> > Newbie question - when I try and launch Embedded Visual C++ 4.0, I get
the
> > following message...

> > "Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ has discovered no CE platform SDK
installed
> > on the desktop. Please install at least one CE platform SDK before
> launching
> > Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++"

> > Where can I find a CE .NET platform SDK?  When I installed eVC 3.0
Pocket
> PC
> > SDKs came with it.  I know there is no Pocket PC version for CE .NET,
but
> is
> > there at least a standard CE .NET SDK I can install?  I have searched on
> > this term and come across numerous references to it, but no information
on
> > where to get it!!  I'm probably missing something obvious here, please
> > help!!

> > Newbie

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:15:32 GMT

1. How to Program eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 with a newly built SDK

2. Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 does not recognize installed CE platform SDK

3. Is there a way to merge visual C++ 6.0 and Embedded visual C++ 4.0

4. Using C++ streams in embedded Visual C++ 4.0

5. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 / some example

6. Serious eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 bug

7. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 ???

8. Documentation for Embedded Visual C++ 4.0??

9. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0

10. Visual Basic 4.0 usage of DLLs written in Visual C++ 4.0

11. Visual Basic 4.0 usage of DLLs written in Visual C++ 4.0

12. Visual C++ to eMbedded Visual C++ problem