Reboot from Windows CE?
Author Message
 Reboot from Windows CE?

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what would be an alternative for
the non-defined KernelIoControl? I need to achieve a
cold reboot but haven't find this function in any .H...

Regards,
Giovanni

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:03:53 GMT
 Reboot from Windows CE?

Quote:
> Could anyone tell me what would be an alternative for
> the non-defined KernelIoControl? I need to achieve a
> cold reboot but haven't find this function in any .H...

I think KernelIoControl with IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT parameter
is only common way.

For iPAQ you could use PPC_REBOOT function from iPAQ SDK
(I haven't tested but I think it will do what you need).

Why you wrote "non-defined KernelIoControl"?

VassiliPhilippov

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:53:08 GMT
 Reboot from Windows CE?
It works on my CASSIO E-115.

But system should informed that you want to perform COLD boot.

Best regards,
Alex.

Quote:
> > Could anyone tell me what would be an alternative for
> > the non-defined KernelIoControl? I need to achieve a
> > cold reboot but haven't find this function in any .H...

> I think KernelIoControl with IOCTL_HAL_REBOOT parameter
> is only common way.

> For iPAQ you could use PPC_REBOOT function from iPAQ SDK
> (I haven't tested but I think it will do what you need).

> Why you wrote "non-defined KernelIoControl"?

> VassiliPhilippov

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:42:53 GMT

1. Reboot the Windows CE.NET from application

2. How to reboot win ce 3.0

3. ce .net: howto: reboot, shut down (not just suspend)

4. Any API used reboot CE?

5. Windows CE and Windows XP Communication...

6. Windows CE & /Windows directory

7. three lines of codes cause windows to reboot.

8. Registering file extension to windows system and making the extension availlable without reboot as explorer does

9. windows reboot by an app

10. Reboot Windows NT 4.0 Workstation.

11. Windows CE Online Chat - AMD & bSquare, Designing a High-Performance, Low-Power Windows CE .NET Device - May 15th 12:00 PST (20:00GMT)

12. HP1910 Windows CE Development - Newbie