Error:RPC Server is unavailable
Author Message
 Error:RPC Server is unavailable

Hi All,
I made a simple COM object in my IPAQ 3760 PPC 2002 using COM.
I am now thinking of accessing that object through my desktop a standard
VC++ client.
At the CoCreateInstanceEx i get the HRESULT value to be equal to
-2147023174 ("The RPC server is unavailable")
Any pointers???????????
Expecting ur replies...
Thanks
Badrinath

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 02:24:19 GMT
 Error:RPC Server is unavailable
PocketPC does not support RPC, so this isn't going to work.  Sorry.  You'll
have to use some other means of accessing objects on the CE device.  One way
would be to write an ISAPI extension or ASP page for the CE web server
(included in PocketPC 2002 SDK) and have a Wininet app on the desktop that
accessed it over HTTP.  The .Net CF framework may provide a better way of
doing this (?).

--
John Spaith
Software Design Engineer, Windows CE

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I made a simple COM object in my IPAQ 3760 PPC 2002 using COM.
> I am now thinking of accessing that object through my desktop a standard
> VC++ client.
> At the CoCreateInstanceEx i get the HRESULT value to be equal to
> -2147023174 ("The RPC server is unavailable")
> Any pointers???????????
> Expecting ur replies...
> Thanks
> Badrinath

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:19:12 GMT
 Error:RPC Server is unavailable
John,

Is it possible to have a com object that can be accessed by both an asp page
and another app running on a windows CE.NET device. I have created a
Singleton COM object in a COM exe server and want both the asp page and my
other application to share the object.

Thanks

MDB

Quote:
> PocketPC does not support RPC, so this isn't going to work.  Sorry.
You'll
> have to use some other means of accessing objects on the CE device.  One
way
> would be to write an ISAPI extension or ASP page for the CE web server
> (included in PocketPC 2002 SDK) and have a Wininet app on the desktop that
> accessed it over HTTP.  The .Net CF framework may provide a better way of
> doing this (?).

> --
> John Spaith
> Software Design Engineer, Windows CE
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

> > Hi All,
> > I made a simple COM object in my IPAQ 3760 PPC 2002 using COM.
> > I am now thinking of accessing that object through my desktop a standard
> > VC++ client.
> > At the CoCreateInstanceEx i get the HRESULT value to be equal to
> > -2147023174 ("The RPC server is unavailable")
> > Any pointers???????????
> > Expecting ur replies...
> > Thanks
> > Badrinath

Sun, 02 Oct 2005 14:41:13 GMT

1. massive RPC server unavailable error

2. RPC Server unavailable error

3. COCreateInstanceEx returnes RPC Server unavailable

4. OLE/COM Object Viewer error message: the RPC server is unavailable.

5. DCOM test returns 800706ba: The RPC Server is unavailable.

6. Can RPC Server connect to same RPC Server functions?

7. error: Extensibility DTE Object unavailable

8. "Unavailable data base" Error

9. "Unavailable data base" error

10. Q: assign port to rpc server (no rpcbind called)

11. Problem: malloc/realfree - sockets and RPC server

12. RPC Server Callback