Install CE OS on x86 platform
Author Message
 Install CE OS on x86 platform

It is possible to install Windows CE on a Standard PC ?
if yes
Where i can find the Windows CE OS ?

-------
RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
Microsoft Certified Professional
REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

ICQ : 159314389

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:33:49 GMT
 Install CE OS on x86 platform
On Wed, 29 May 2002 10:33:49 +0200, "Regis Bournique"

Quote:

>It is possible to install Windows CE on a Standard PC ?

Yes.

Quote:
>if yes
>Where i can find the Windows CE OS ?

You need to create a CEPC configuration from Windows CE Platform
Builder.

Alternatively, someone might be able to provide you with a WinCE
kernel and bootloader, but it wouldn't really be of a much use to you.

Do you have Platform Builder?

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:40:25 GMT
 Install CE OS on x86 platform
I dont have platform Builder.

I believe it was with eVisualTools 3.0

What is the last version of platform Builder i need ?

Thanks

-------
RB CONSULTANT - REGIS BOURNIQUE
Microsoft Certified Professional
REALISATION ET CONSEIL EN DEVELOPPEMENT

ICQ : 159314389

> On Wed, 29 May 2002 10:33:49 +0200, "Regis Bournique"

> >It is possible to install Windows CE on a Standard PC ?

> Yes.

> >if yes
> >Where i can find the Windows CE OS ?

> You need to create a CEPC configuration from Windows CE Platform
> Builder.

> Alternatively, someone might be able to provide you with a WinCE
> kernel and bootloader, but it wouldn't really be of a much use to you.

> Do you have Platform Builder?

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:10:33 GMT
 Install CE OS on x86 platform

Quote:
>I dont have platform Builder.

>I believe it was with eVisualTools 3.0

>What is the last version of platform Builder i need ?

Depends on what version of CE you want to run! I know that PB 3.0 has
CEPC support, but someone else would have to confirm whether anything
earlier than that carries CEPC support.

As I mentioned, someone could probably provide you with a pre-built
kernel for a CEPC, but it depends on what you want to do with it as to
whether it would be of any use to you.

What is it you're trying to do?

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:46:16 GMT
 Install CE OS on x86 platform
CEPC is supported from the days of wince 2.0 version(
1998) . It always better to start with latest version, so
that it will support for long time. PB 4.0 (wince DOTNET)
is the latest.
Quote:

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:26:18 GMT
 Install CE OS on x86 platform
The point is that CE is not something where you buy a CD at Office Max and
'install' it on your PC.  You *must* have Platform Builder to build the
system configuration that will run on your PC.  Some demo boards and some
off-the-shelf embedded systems come with a binary Windows CE image designed
for that board, but those would be unlikely to work with a random PC...

Paul T.

Quote:
> >I dont have platform Builder.

> >I believe it was with eVisualTools 3.0

> >What is the last version of platform Builder i need ?

> Depends on what version of CE you want to run! I know that PB 3.0 has
> CEPC support, but someone else would have to confirm whether anything
> earlier than that carries CEPC support.

> As I mentioned, someone could probably provide you with a pre-built
> kernel for a CEPC, but it depends on what you want to do with it as to
> whether it would be of any use to you.

> What is it you're trying to do?

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:27:35 GMT

1. Create Object Memory Leak on X86 platform

2. Problem registering controls on CE x86 emulator

3. Can VB 6.0 run on OS/2 platform

4. ADO CE SDK 1.0 won't install - says VB5 not installed

5. VB on OS/2 platform

6. Pocket PC s/w on ce.net platforms???

7. running windows media player 7.1 on ce platform

8. Detect CE OS Language

9. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS

10. Maintaining a clean Win95 Install platform

11. VB.NET app does not run on OS having .NET redistributable files installed

12. Determine installed language of OS (Win 9x - NT)