ADOCE 3.1 - System Hang
Author Message
 ADOCE 3.1 - System Hang

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.  I'm using
ADOCE 3.1 and connecting to a cdb file.  It's a rather large database
with 20000 records in one table and three fields.  I only search one
field.  If my search string matches what I'm looking for then everything
is fine.  If it doesn't then I display a msgbox that explains that a
"not found" message.

My problem is that if I enter "222222" or "222" or "222111" or other
text for my search string , the system hangs.

Here is my search:

Function Myfunc()
Dim RS As ADOCE.Recordset
Dim SQLsrch As String '<----already defined

Set RS = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")

RS.Open SQLsrch, Conn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

Again, if I enter a valid partnum, it works; if not, it usually displays
my "not found" msgbox.  But, for some reason, certain input crashes it.
It hangs on the RS.Open line above.

Any ideas on what it could be?

TIA

SD

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:07:59 GMT
 ADOCE 3.1 - System Hang
This might not be relevant, but have you created an index on the
PartNum field of your table?

For a table of that size, you most definitely need one.

Paul Newton

Quote:

> I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having.  I'm using
> ADOCE 3.1 and connecting to a cdb file.  It's a rather large database
> with 20000 records in one table and three fields.  I only search one
> field.  If my search string matches what I'm looking for then everything
> is fine.  If it doesn't then I display a msgbox that explains that a
> "not found" message.

> My problem is that if I enter "222222" or "222" or "222111" or other
> text for my search string , the system hangs.

> Here is my search:

> Function Myfunc()
> Dim RS As ADOCE.Recordset
> Dim SQLsrch As String '<----already defined

> Set RS = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")

> RS.Open SQLsrch, Conn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

> Again, if I enter a valid partnum, it works; if not, it usually displays
> my "not found" msgbox.  But, for some reason, certain input crashes it.
> It hangs on the RS.Open line above.

> Any ideas on what it could be?

> TIA

> SD

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:44:19 GMT

1. ADOCE 3.1 trouble

2. Getting ADOCE 3.1 installed on an old iPAQ 3650 Pocket PC 2002

3. SQLCE2.0 and ADOCE 3.1 Connection Property

4. ADOCE 3.1

5. How to install MS ADOCE 3.1 ??

6. ADOCE 3.1 and Where Clause

7. ADOCE 3.1 Access Specifications

8. SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1

9. ADOCE 3.1 PROBLEM IN EMULATOR AS TARGET DEVICE

10. Install Wizard only sees ADOCE 3.0 (not 3.1)

11. ppc 2002,evb 3.0,adoce 3.1 Can't create object

12. Does ADOCE 3.1 do weird things to eVB?