Registered Components
Author Message
 Registered Components

I'm new to eVB, I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
I develope eVB applications using eVB 3.0 in both W2K and
WXP for HPC platform (v3.01) (MIPS 4000).

After developing simple apps (ie, use the default tools
available and not Project \ Components) on my PC, I
choose File | Make Project1.vb and using ActiveSync File |
Explor to copy the .vb from my PC to the HPC.  This seems
to work fine in all cases until recently.

I developed an app using the Grid Control 3.0 and Common
Dialog Control 3.0, besides others.  During emulation on
my PC the program worked flawlessly. As above, I created
a .vb file and put it on the HPC.

When I tried to run the app the program gave me:
        Application Error
        The control grdPatient({532C2C02-6B55-11D1-9AA5-
00C04FAD5AEC}) could not be created.

I'm guessing it couldn't find the Grid Control (and maybe
wouldn't find the Common Dialog Control either if it got
that far).

So the question is: 1) how do I get those controls onto
the HPC; and 2) can I bundle them with the app I made so
they don't have to be installed separately.

Thanks in advance.
Damian

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:08:19 GMT
 Registered Components
Have a look here:

www.innovativedss.com/resource/comreg.asp

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
CE Product Manager

Quote:
> I'm new to eVB, I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
> I develope eVB applications using eVB 3.0 in both W2K and
> WXP for HPC platform (v3.01) (MIPS 4000).

> After developing simple apps (ie, use the default tools
> available and not Project \ Components) on my PC, I
> choose File | Make Project1.vb and using ActiveSync File |
> Explor to copy the .vb from my PC to the HPC.  This seems
> to work fine in all cases until recently.

> I developed an app using the Grid Control 3.0 and Common
> Dialog Control 3.0, besides others.  During emulation on
> my PC the program worked flawlessly. As above, I created
> a .vb file and put it on the HPC.

> When I tried to run the app the program gave me:
>         Application Error
>         The control grdPatient({532C2C02-6B55-11D1-9AA5-
> 00C04FAD5AEC}) could not be created.

> I'm guessing it couldn't find the Grid Control (and maybe
> wouldn't find the Common Dialog Control either if it got
> that far).

> So the question is: 1) how do I get those controls onto
> the HPC; and 2) can I bundle them with the app I made so
> they don't have to be installed separately.

> Thanks in advance.
> Damian

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:18:33 GMT
 Registered Components
Howdy.

I've got a quick question for you.  You're compiling and manually copying
the .VB file to the device?  Why not just hit F5 and run it from the eVB
design environment.  That should copy your compiled .vb file and all
necessary components to the device.

Also, you might take a peek at the Control Manager (from the Tools menu).
This should allow you to select your target and register the necessary
controls.

hth,
Michael Fosmire
Community Program Manager, Windows Embedded

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:47:40 GMT

1. question: about registering components at installation

2. Problem with registering component on Win 2000 client

3. how to use API calls to register components ?

4. Register component

5. SHDOCVW.DLL gives error registering component

6. error in registered component

7. Error registering component in CompSvcs

8. ADODB.Errors Collection is empty in a VB COM+ registered component

9. SHDOCVW.DLL gives error registering component

10. Registering Components (OCX)

11. Registering Components (OCX)

12. Type mismatch when instancing remote registered component