Modem / outlook configuration manipulation
Author Message
 Modem / outlook configuration manipulation

I'm writing an application which will need to automatically configure a
modem connection and a Pocket Outlook POP3 account. I've found registry
entries for the modem connection, but at the very least, the password
appears to be encrypted. Is there any way to reproduce that encryption, so I
can set the username and password myself? And is there documentation on the
connection information such as device, phone number, etc? It appears to be
stored in a binary format.

I also need to set up a Pocket Outlook POP3 account, providing username
password, and server name. This information doesn't appear to be in the
registry but perhaps I missed it. Is there any documentation for this
format? Are there any APIs for adding this information?

I'll be using Visual Basic and C/C++ if necessary. The platform for the
device is the Casio Cassiopeia, if that helps.

Thanks for any help. My apologies if this is too cross-posted; I wasn't sure
where to ask exactly.

chris swiedler

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 02:57:26 GMT
 Modem / outlook configuration manipulation
Hi chris,

  As in normal desktop windows, You need to first create a new connection,
asking it to use ur modem. i.e, In caseiopeia, go to

settings --> network --> create new settings --> set up the connection to
use ur modem. (It can be any thing, say a phs card or a lan ntw or a built
in dopa.)

In the ras api provided in pocket pc u can access this modem using
rasDialParams.szEntryName. set all the parameters of the rasDialParams, then
u can establish the connection through rasdial using this modem.

Murali.

Quote:
> I'm writing an application which will need to automatically configure a
> modem connection and a Pocket Outlook POP3 account. I've found registry
> entries for the modem connection, but at the very least, the password
> appears to be encrypted. Is there any way to reproduce that encryption, so
> can set the username and password myself? And is there documentation on
the
> connection information such as device, phone number, etc? It appears to be
> stored in a binary format.

> I also need to set up a Pocket Outlook POP3 account, providing username
> password, and server name. This information doesn't appear to be in the
> registry but perhaps I missed it. Is there any documentation for this
> format? Are there any APIs for adding this information?

> I'll be using Visual Basic and C/C++ if necessary. The platform for the
> device is the Casio Cassiopeia, if that helps.

> Thanks for any help. My apologies if this is too cross-posted; I wasn't
sure
> where to ask exactly.

> chris swiedler

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:59:20 GMT

1. configuration file manipulation

2. PLEASE HELP! Outlook Today (outlook.htm), Intranet configurations

3. accessing the modem configuration info in Control Panel

4. Configuration from Access to Outlook

5. Configuration automation in Outlook

6. Outlook mail account configuration

7. OUTLOOK 2002 mail account configuration

8. Outlook configuration

9. Outlook mail manipulation from within Access VB

10. Outlook Header Manipulation

11. outlook express manipulation

12. outlook manipulation