Unable to create EVC Control in EVB
Author Message
 Unable to create EVC Control in EVB

    Has anyone been able to create an ActiveX control in EVC and use it in
EVB for the Handheld PC 2000 platform?
    I am porting working code from the Pocket PC platform to the Handheld PC
2000 platform (a Panasonic SAPWA device).  I have recompiled the code in EVC
for the new platform and it registered successfully on the device.  When I
try to create an instance of the control in EVB I get an error saying that
the application was unable to create the control and it gives the name of
the control and the guid of the control (which I verified to be correct).
When doing the same with a dll I get an error saying that automation is not
supported.
    To test this further, I created a simple ActiveX control in EVC going
thru the wizard.  I compiled the control and it registered successfully, I
then created a win32 version of the control for EVB.  EVB recognizes the
control, but when running the code on the device I get the Could Not Create
Control error message.
    I am wondering if this is a Handheld Pc 2000 issue or a Panasonic issue.

    Any suggestions or mention of similar experiences would be helpful.

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:35:12 GMT
 Unable to create EVC Control in EVB
Did you modify both projects so the GUID of each control (desktop and
device) are the same?

--
Chrs tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
>     Has anyone been able to create an ActiveX control in EVC and use it in
> EVB for the Handheld PC 2000 platform?
>     I am porting working code from the Pocket PC platform to the Handheld
PC
> 2000 platform (a Panasonic SAPWA device).  I have recompiled the code in
EVC
> for the new platform and it registered successfully on the device.  When I
> try to create an instance of the control in EVB I get an error saying that
> the application was unable to create the control and it gives the name of
> the control and the guid of the control (which I verified to be correct).
> When doing the same with a dll I get an error saying that automation is
not
> supported.
>     To test this further, I created a simple ActiveX control in EVC going
> thru the wizard.  I compiled the control and it registered successfully, I
> then created a win32 version of the control for EVB.  EVB recognizes the
> control, but when running the code on the device I get the Could Not
Create
> Control error message.
>     I am wondering if this is a Handheld Pc 2000 issue or a Panasonic
issue.

>     Any suggestions or mention of similar experiences would be helpful.

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:40:34 GMT
 Unable to create EVC Control in EVB
    Yes, and I have verified that the guids are the same on both the device
and the desktop.

Quote:
> Did you modify both projects so the GUID of each control (desktop and
> device) are the same?

> --
> Chrs tacke, eMVP
> Windows CE Product Manager
> Applied Data Systems
> www.applieddata.net

> >     Has anyone been able to create an ActiveX control in EVC and use it
in
> > EVB for the Handheld PC 2000 platform?
> >     I am porting working code from the Pocket PC platform to the
Handheld
> PC
> > 2000 platform (a Panasonic SAPWA device).  I have recompiled the code in
> EVC
> > for the new platform and it registered successfully on the device.  When
> > try to create an instance of the control in EVB I get an error saying
that
> > the application was unable to create the control and it gives the name
of
> > the control and the guid of the control (which I verified to be
correct).
> > When doing the same with a dll I get an error saying that automation is
> not
> > supported.
> >     To test this further, I created a simple ActiveX control in EVC
going
> > thru the wizard.  I compiled the control and it registered successfully,
> > then created a win32 version of the control for EVB.  EVB recognizes the
> > control, but when running the code on the device I get the Could Not
> Create
> > Control error message.
> >     I am wondering if this is a Handheld Pc 2000 issue or a Panasonic
> issue.

> >     Any suggestions or mention of similar experiences would be helpful.

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:24:54 GMT
 Unable to create EVC Control in EVB
    Also of interest is that the control works when embedded in EVC in a
dialog.  Anybody know of any issues with the EVB SAPWA SDK or the Panasonic
CE unit preventing ActiveX controls from being created?

Quote:
>     Has anyone been able to create an ActiveX control in EVC and use it in
> EVB for the Handheld PC 2000 platform?
>     I am porting working code from the Pocket PC platform to the Handheld
PC
> 2000 platform (a Panasonic SAPWA device).  I have recompiled the code in
EVC
> for the new platform and it registered successfully on the device.  When I
> try to create an instance of the control in EVB I get an error saying that
> the application was unable to create the control and it gives the name of
> the control and the guid of the control (which I verified to be correct).
> When doing the same with a dll I get an error saying that automation is
not
> supported.
>     To test this further, I created a simple ActiveX control in EVC going
> thru the wizard.  I compiled the control and it registered successfully, I
> then created a win32 version of the control for EVB.  EVB recognizes the
> control, but when running the code on the device I get the Could Not
Create
> Control error message.
>     I am wondering if this is a Handheld Pc 2000 issue or a Panasonic
issue.

>     Any suggestions or mention of similar experiences would be helpful.

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:44:47 GMT

1. Calling ATL component created in eVC from eVB

2. How to register activex control using eVB and eVC

3. eVB / eVC / .NET

4. NewB Q: Calls to eVC++ DLL from eVB app

5. Passing String from eVB to eVC++ DLL

6. Interrupting eVB from eVC

7. I can't connect the device from eVB or eVC++

8. Calling eVC DLL from eVB App ??

9. calling eVC COM DLL from eVB app

10. Using eVC++ 3.0 Functions in eVB Program

11. OPC with eVB/eVC++

12. Writing COM Object in eVC++ for Use in eVB