getdate in winsock control
Author Message
 getdate in winsock control

I must receive an image from a url as
http://www.*-*-*.com/ :10000 and save the binary data into
a file (JPG)
I must use eVB.
Must I use a external DLL for conversion from byte array
to file ? ?

Are there any library for this ???
Can anyone help me ??

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:47:23 GMT
 getdate in winsock control
alex,
eVB doesn't have types ... it only uses VARIANTs.
we figured this out the hard way in our compression component (GZipThingo
from www.thingo.co.nz).
what that means is that your byte array will end up being an array of
variants. not what you expected. and not very useful for downloading images.

best thing i can think of for your needs would be a simple component which
implements FTP or HTTP downloads. that would have to be written in C++
though.

--

wolf kumpitsch
snr design engineer, thingo ltd

http://www.thingo.co.nz

------------------------- we make things, useful -------------------------

Quote:
> I must receive an image from a url as
> http://111.111.111.111:10000 and save the binary data into
> a file (JPG)
> I must use eVB.
> Must I use a external DLL for conversion from byte array
> to file ? ?

> Are there any library for this ???
> Can anyone help me ??

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:06:06 GMT

1. sql GETDATE() in vb.net

2. query for getdate

3. Oracle - SYSDATE, SQL Server getdate() ?

4. GETDATE() inside a user defined function???

5. SQL Getdate() function and ADO

6. VB6 Winsock Control vs. Winsock API

7. Winsock Control Error 2 winsock.listen

8. WinSock control CPU hog and gimme WinSock API! :)

9. Winsock vb Control vs Winsock 32 API??

10. use the winsock Control or winsock API

11. This make me very angry (Winsock 2 and Visual Basic Winsock Control)

12. use the winsock Control or winsock API