Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
Author Message
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK

Is there some special way of installing the Pocket PC 2002 SDK?  I am
running Windows 2000 with SR2 on a computer with an active network
connection (peer network).  I can install the files onto my computer using
the self-extracting WinZip file, but it does not affect my version of
eMbedded VB and I cannot find the emulator.  I'm confused.

--
Sincerely,

Sean M. Severson
Project Manager

===============================
"Our aim is to become partners in your
success through our performance."

Technical Assistance Company
807 Forest Avenue
Sheboygan Falls, WI  53085

(920) 467-6711
www.2tacweb.com
===============================

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:35:01 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
ditto...

But When I create a new PPC2002 Project, the devices are PPC2002 Emulator
or the physical device.

ANYONE... Where is the emulator. In the emulator directory is only a file
called nk.bin

Please...EMULATOR??? Pocket PC2002??

There IS A NETWORK Connection also...

> Is there some special way of installing the Pocket PC 2002 SDK?  I am
> running Windows 2000 with SR2 on a computer with an active network
> connection (peer network).  I can install the files onto my computer using
> the self-extracting WinZip file, but it does not affect my version of
> eMbedded VB and I cannot find the emulator.  I'm confused.

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean M. Severson
> Project Manager

> ===============================
> "Our aim is to become partners in your
> success through our performance."

> Technical Assistance Company
> 807 Forest Avenue
> Sheboygan Falls, WI  53085

> (920) 467-6711
> www.2tacweb.com
> ===============================

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:21:25 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
Hey Sean,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cannot find the emulator".  You have
a PocketPC 2002 project type in eVB available after installing the sdk, I
hope?  If so, and please don't take this wrong  :-), you might want to
check out the ReadMe.

Specifically:
5.   Initial Emulator Configuration
    a.  Start eVC or eVB
            From eVC, select Tools-Configure Platform Manager
            From eVB, select Tools-Remote Tools-Configure Platform Manager
    b.  Click on Pocket PC 2002 Emulation
    c.  Click the Properties button
    d.  In the Transport drop-down list, select "TCP/IP Transport for
Windows CE"
    e.  In the Startup Server drop-down list, select "Emulator Startup
Server"
    f.  Click the Test button
    g.  The emulator will start running and after a few seconds you will
hear the audio indication that the connection has been established.
    h.  Click the OK button in the test dialog
    i.  Click the OK button in the Properties dialog
    j.  Click the OK button in the Platform Configuration dialog

-mike

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:06:49 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
Hey Jayant,

I answered this question for you on 10/31 in a different thread.

-mike

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:09:38 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
THAT solved the problem...

I guess I must have OVERLooked these instructions (if they were in the
readme)

ThanX,

Jayant ?:)

Quote:
> Hey Sean,

> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cannot find the emulator".  You
have
> a PocketPC 2002 project type in eVB available after installing the sdk, I
> hope?  If so, and please don't take this wrong  :-), you might want to
> check out the ReadMe.

> Specifically:
> 5.   Initial Emulator Configuration
>     a.  Start eVC or eVB
>             From eVC, select Tools-Configure Platform Manager
>             From eVB, select Tools-Remote Tools-Configure Platform Manager
>     b.  Click on Pocket PC 2002 Emulation
>     c.  Click the Properties button
>     d.  In the Transport drop-down list, select "TCP/IP Transport for
> Windows CE"
>     e.  In the Startup Server drop-down list, select "Emulator Startup
> Server"
>     f.  Click the Test button
>     g.  The emulator will start running and after a few seconds you will
> hear the audio indication that the connection has been established.
>     h.  Click the OK button in the test dialog
>     i.  Click the OK button in the Properties dialog
>     j.  Click the OK button in the Platform Configuration dialog

> -mike

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:57:03 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
I keep getting a pop-up that Says

This is not a Audio CD, DVD or an autorun CD.
This disc must be started from the Windows desktop

This pop up keeps coming at me 100's of times

any idea's ??

TIA,

Jayant ?:)

> Hey Sean,

> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cannot find the emulator".  You
have
> a PocketPC 2002 project type in eVB available after installing the sdk, I
> hope?  If so, and please don't take this wrong  :-), you might want to
> check out the ReadMe.

> Specifically:
> 5.   Initial Emulator Configuration
>     a.  Start eVC or eVB
>             From eVC, select Tools-Configure Platform Manager
>             From eVB, select Tools-Remote Tools-Configure Platform Manager
>     b.  Click on Pocket PC 2002 Emulation
>     c.  Click the Properties button
>     d.  In the Transport drop-down list, select "TCP/IP Transport for
> Windows CE"
>     e.  In the Startup Server drop-down list, select "Emulator Startup
> Server"
>     f.  Click the Test button
>     g.  The emulator will start running and after a few seconds you will
> hear the audio indication that the connection has been established.
>     h.  Click the OK button in the test dialog
>     i.  Click the OK button in the Properties dialog
>     j.  Click the OK button in the Platform Configuration dialog

> -mike

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:12:55 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
Mike,

I ran the install for PocketPC 2002 SDK but when I fire up eVB I don't have
an option for the Pocket PC 2002 device or the emulation.  This is why I was
wondering if there was some special location that the SDK needed to be
installed to.

Sean M. Severson

Quote:
> Hey Sean,

> I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cannot find the emulator".  You
have
> a PocketPC 2002 project type in eVB available after installing the sdk, I
> hope?  If so, and please don't take this wrong  :-), you might want to
> check out the ReadMe.

> Specifically:
> 5.   Initial Emulator Configuration
>     a.  Start eVC or eVB
>             From eVC, select Tools-Configure Platform Manager
>             From eVB, select Tools-Remote Tools-Configure Platform Manager
>     b.  Click on Pocket PC 2002 Emulation
>     c.  Click the Properties button
>     d.  In the Transport drop-down list, select "TCP/IP Transport for
> Windows CE"
>     e.  In the Startup Server drop-down list, select "Emulator Startup
> Server"
>     f.  Click the Test button
>     g.  The emulator will start running and after a few seconds you will
> hear the audio indication that the connection has been established.
>     h.  Click the OK button in the test dialog
>     i.  Click the OK button in the Properties dialog
>     j.  Click the OK button in the Platform Configuration dialog

> -mike

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sun, 02 May 2004 22:14:21 GMT
 Installing PocketPC 2002 SDK
Hey Sean,

That sounds pretty weird.  The PocketPC 2002 Project option that appears
when you launch eVB is simply a template project that lives in:

c:\Windows CE Tools\wce300\Pocket PC 2002\Templates

Do you have the path above on your machine and does the ebp file for this
project type live in that path?

-mike

Mon, 03 May 2004 03:56:22 GMT

1. pocketpc sdk 2002 can't work with win 2000 server

2. PocketPC 2002 SDK installation..

3. Intrinsic Controls Symbol PocketPC 2002 SDK

4. PocketPC (Not 2002) SDK

5. unable to install pocket pc SDK 2002

6. PPC 2002 SDK Won't Install

7. Can't get SDK for PocketPC to install

8. 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK

9. vb.net and PocketPC 2002/Smart Devices

10. Get Serial Number or DeviceID in PocketPC 2002 via eVB

11. FTP server for PocketPC 2002

12. The Pentium IV PocketPC 2002 bug?