How to Know When Contacts Have Changed?
Author Message
 How to Know When Contacts Have Changed?

I'm writing an app that needs to know when any entries in the Contacts app
have been modified. I don't need to know what the modifications are, I just
want to build my own cached list of contacts so that when my app opens it
can quickly load the cached contacts, and only rebuild the list if any of
the entries in the Contacts app have been changed. Any ideas?

--
Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software

Website: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:23:12 GMT
 How to Know When Contacts Have Changed?
Thanks, but although I can access Contact items through POOM, it doesn't
look like there is some flag somewhere that lets me know if any of the
contacts have changed. Any other ideas?

--
Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software

Website: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Hi, try this!

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q265/7/71.ASP

maybe this can help you

Elmer Alvarez
http://www.gyssa.com

Quote:
I'm writing an app that needs to know when any entries in the Contacts app
have been modified. I don't need to know what the modifications are, I just
want to build my own cached list of contacts so that when my app opens it
can quickly load the cached contacts, and only rebuild the list if any of
the entries in the Contacts app have been changed. Any ideas?

--
Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software

Website: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

.

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 06:24:50 GMT

1. Having a VB.net app sync with Outlooks contacts and Appointments

2. ** Hope someone know how to send a Querystrig, having alot of problems with this

3. Transferring standard contact data from standard contact forms into contact custom forms

4. Getting to know the items tied to a contact

5. Would anyone know how to contact the STUART GROUP, INC

6. Having trouble changing the focus...

7. having vb 5.0 change screen resolution and color depth

8. VB4 Question: Having trouble changing .ScrollBars property

9. having excel send an outlook email message when a field is changed

10. having to pause between writing and reading changes

11. changing per-contact mail format preference setting

12. Saving Contacts - Changing the Default Folder