CE real-time data acquisition
Author Message
 CE real-time data acquisition

We are looking for developer with experience in developing real-time
data acquisition applications for the Windows CE OS. Our company is
evaluating the possibility of porting physiological monitoring
software and hardware to the Windows CE OS. We need to sample EEG
signals and plot real-time spectral plots, raw wave forms and selected
filter amplitudes.

We are not sure CE and low cost CE hardware is practical. We are
anxious to hear from others using CE to monitor and process external
signals.

Thanks
Sam

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:24:23 GMT
 CE real-time data acquisition
Hi Sam,

I was part of a team that did wave height monitoring and
recording for a marine lab off the coast of florida two
years ago.

We used a SBC running CE 2.12, with a solid state flash
card for storage.

Power was supplied via solar panels and a UPS.

The system received signals of wave height via rs-232
from another device - and we simply logged the data with
date and time stamp.

Data was collected at a rate of 200 samples per minute.
We could increase the sample rate to about 2000 per
minute, but it was eating tooo much memory....

Once a week the users would boat out and exchange the
memory card.

System is still working today.

With your outline below,
and the newer (very fast) CPU, the logging
and display should not be a problem at all.

good luck

tony

Quote:

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:47:16 GMT
 CE real-time data acquisition
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:47:16 -0800, "Tony Farrell"

Quote:

>Hi Sam,

>I was part of a team that did wave height monitoring and
>recording for a marine lab off the coast of florida two
>years ago.

>We used a SBC running CE 2.12, with a solid state flash
>card for storage.

>Power was supplied via solar panels and a UPS.

>The system received signals of wave height via rs-232
>from another device - and we simply logged the data with
>date and time stamp.

>Data was collected at a rate of 200 samples per minute.
>We could increase the sample rate to about 2000 per
>minute, but it was eating tooo much memory....

>Once a week the users would boat out and exchange the
>memory card.

>System is still working today.

>With your outline below,
>and the newer (very fast) CPU, the logging
>and display should not be a problem at all.

>good luck

>tony

Thank you for your feedback.

Our application requires that we acquire data at 256 samples per
second for two channels and 64 samples per second for two additional
channels. Additionally, we will need to process the two fast channels
(256) using an sliding window FFT, extract specific spectral
components to synthesize band pass filters, plot real-time raw wave
forms, and  display sixty HZ filter amplitudes. We need an update rate
from the FFT digital filters of  at least eight times per second.
Other displays will require that we display real time compressed
spectral plots and use filter amplitudes to control the presentation
of audio tones and to control the Windows media player.

Please advise if you feel CE is up to the job.

Thanks
Sam

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:51:40 GMT
 CE real-time data acquisition

porting Windows CE to their custom devices. I've created devices with Windows CE V2.0 that sampled a fluorescence
reading from a capillary as it was spun on a centrifuge. (after it slowed down from 30K RPM of course 8^) )

--
Steve Maillet - [Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP]
Entelechy Software Consulting

Quote:

> We are looking for developer with experience in developing real-time
> data acquisition applications for the Windows CE OS. Our company is
> evaluating the possibility of porting physiological monitoring
> software and hardware to the Windows CE OS. We need to sample EEG
> signals and plot real-time spectral plots, raw wave forms and selected
> filter amplitudes.

> We are not sure CE and low cost CE hardware is practical. We are
> anxious to hear from others using CE to monitor and process external
> signals.

> Thanks
> Sam

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:02:57 GMT

1. Real Time Data Acquisition in VB

2. How to perform Real Time Data Acquisition

3. How to perform Real Time Data Acquisition

4. CE and Real Time Data Acq

5. CE 3.0 Real Time problems

6. Getting real-time data from Excel

7. plotting real-time data

8. Real Time update of data in listviews ?

9. real time data reading from com1 and com2 port

10. A tough one, editable grid with database lookup, real-time data feed and calculation

11. real time data aquisition

12. Real Time Game Data Transfer Method