RDA to a storage card
Author Message
 RDA to a storage card

Hello - I am attempting to perform a RDA pull directly to a Storage Card.
However, I get the "you must supply a valid OLE DB connection string" error.
The only change that I have made from working code is the path for the Db to
"\Storage Card\Db.sdf" from "\Db.sdf".  Can anyone help with this?

Lee

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:30:09 GMT
 RDA to a storage card
It's probably a quoting problem.  Since the 'path' now has a space in it,
you might try embedded quotes or single quotes around the string as passed
to OLE DB.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hello - I am attempting to perform a RDA pull directly to a Storage Card.
> However, I get the "you must supply a valid OLE DB connection string"
error.
> The only change that I have made from working code is the path for the Db
> "\Storage Card\Db.sdf" from "\Db.sdf".  Can anyone help with this?

> Lee

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:53:07 GMT
 RDA to a storage card
Thanks - I tried that but still no luck.  After further research it appears
the issue is in the RDA.LocalConnectionString property.  It appears that
using the Storage Card directory causes the OLE DB error.  I have tried the
following path names:

"\Storage Card\Db.sdf"
"\'Storage Card'\Db.sdf"
"\Storag~1\Db.sdf"

None of the above work can anyone offer any further explanation or info?

Lee

Quote:
> It's probably a quoting problem.  Since the 'path' now has a space in it,
> you might try embedded quotes or single quotes around the string as passed
> to OLE DB.

> Paul T.

> > Hello - I am attempting to perform a RDA pull directly to a Storage
Card.
> > However, I get the "you must supply a valid OLE DB connection string"
> error.
> > The only change that I have made from working code is the path for the
Db
> > "\Storage Card\Db.sdf" from "\Db.sdf".  Can anyone help with this?

> > Lee

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:19:35 GMT
 RDA to a storage card
What about the following:

""\Storage Card\Db.sdk""
"'\Storage Card\Db.sdf'"

Paul T.

Quote:
> Thanks - I tried that but still no luck.  After further research it
appears
> the issue is in the RDA.LocalConnectionString property.  It appears that
> using the Storage Card directory causes the OLE DB error.  I have tried
the
> following path names:

> "\Storage Card\Db.sdf"
> "\'Storage Card'\Db.sdf"
> "\Storag~1\Db.sdf"

> None of the above work can anyone offer any further explanation or info?

> Lee

> > It's probably a quoting problem.  Since the 'path' now has a space in
it,
> > you might try embedded quotes or single quotes around the string as
passed
> > to OLE DB.

> > Paul T.

> > > Hello - I am attempting to perform a RDA pull directly to a Storage
> Card.
> > > However, I get the "you must supply a valid OLE DB connection string"
> > error.
> > > The only change that I have made from working code is the path for the
> Db
> > > "\Storage Card\Db.sdf" from "\Db.sdf".  Can anyone help with this?

> > > Lee

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:43:40 GMT
 RDA to a storage card
Thanks Again - But still no luck.

Lee

Quote:
> What about the following:

> ""\Storage Card\Db.sdk""
> "'\Storage Card\Db.sdf'"

> Paul T.

> > Thanks - I tried that but still no luck.  After further research it
> appears
> > the issue is in the RDA.LocalConnectionString property.  It appears that
> > using the Storage Card directory causes the OLE DB error.  I have tried
> the
> > following path names:

> > "\Storage Card\Db.sdf"
> > "\'Storage Card'\Db.sdf"
> > "\Storag~1\Db.sdf"

> > None of the above work can anyone offer any further explanation or info?

> > Lee

> > > It's probably a quoting problem.  Since the 'path' now has a space in
> it,
> > > you might try embedded quotes or single quotes around the string as
> passed
> > > to OLE DB.

> > > Paul T.

> > Card.
> > > error.
> > Db

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 03:52:14 GMT

1. Help, Writing to Storage Card

2. web server virtual path to storage card

3. Enumerating Storage Cards

4. Additional Use Of Storage Cards

5. Registry key form the Storage Card

6. Programming radio card and tv card

7. Drawing cards from cards.dll?

8. CARDS.BAS - VB Declares for CARDS.DLL

9. Sound Card <-> Sound Card Via Data

10. Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)

11. RDA SQLCE is not working

12. RDA::Catalog::Provider Not Found