Deselect Grid rows after using .Clip
Author Message
 Deselect Grid rows after using .Clip

Hi everyone,

I am using the .Clip method to populate my grid control and it works great.
However, after the data is populated I don't want anyof the rows in the grid
to be selected.  You have to select all the rows you want the Clip method to
populate so I am selecting the entire grid and then dropping the data in.
Afterward I don't want any rows selected.  How can I unselect everything?
if I do a MsgBox showing the value of RowSel before I begin selecting the
grid rows it is (-1).  But after I can't set it back to this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken.

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:27:42 GMT
 Deselect Grid rows after using .Clip
Would something like the following work for you?

GridCtrl1.SelectionMode = flexSelectionFree
GridCtrl1.ColSel = 0
GridCtrl1.RowSel = 0

Also, you might consider using TextMatrix to fill the Grid as opposed to
Clip.

hth,
Michael Fosmire
Community Program Manager, Windows Embedded

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:50:46 GMT
 Deselect Grid rows after using .Clip
I don't think your method will work for me.  After the grid is populated, I
want the user to be able to retrieve a record by clicking on the associated
row.  So I want my selection mode to be flexSelectionByRow.

How do you use the TextMatrix property to do this?  I am receiving from my
web server a huge block of text with columns separated by Tabs and rows
separated by Chr(13).  Then I take this block of text, stick it in a string
and use .Clip to dump it in.  I am very happy with how fast it populates but
I have to select the entire grid first (pain in the neck).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken.

Quote:
> Would something like the following work for you?

> GridCtrl1.SelectionMode = flexSelectionFree
> GridCtrl1.ColSel = 0
> GridCtrl1.RowSel = 0

> Also, you might consider using TextMatrix to fill the Grid as opposed to
> Clip.

> hth,
> Michael Fosmire
> Community Program Manager, Windows Embedded

> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 00:12:02 GMT

1. deselect a row in an MSHFlexGrid

2. Deselecting the actual row in TrueDBGrid 5.0

3. deselect all rows of a Listview

4. Annoying Problem: True DB Grid - how do I deselect a cell

5. Copying selected row from a grid to antother grid

6. Copying selected row from a grid to antother grid

7. CE grid control and Row-Selection property AND grid speed

8. Flex Grid and Clip Board`

9. True Grid copy to clip board?

10. Grid Clip Bug

11. Grid Clip Bug

12. Porting a GRID code using GRID object from VB3 to VB6 using MSGRID