Using a CDB-file in Emulator
Author Message
 Using a CDB-file in Emulator

Hi,

I started with CE (and a pocket pc) this week, and meanwhile I figured
out how to develop and debug applications.
One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to convert a MDB-File to CDB
for use with the emulator. Using a pocket pc this is done by Active
Sync, but Active Sync does not work with the emulator (or does it?). And
I don't want to debug the app on the pocket pc, because this is really
slow.

Any hints would be appreciated.

CU Christoph

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using a CDB-file in Emulator

CU,

Though some "tools" exist (VB programs, like vbemuldb, to convert the .mdb
to text files, and another, emuldb, to convert from text to .cdb) the
simplest method is to write your own mini-app to create the file from
scratch.

A "bug" in emulation limits the size of the .cdb anyway, so it's really not
advantageous to convert your original .mdb... you'll probably run out of
space in the process.

HTH,
Fitz

Quote:

>Hi,

>I started with CE (and a pocket pc) this week, and meanwhile I figured
>out how to develop and debug applications.
>One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to convert a MDB-File to CDB
>for use with the emulator. Using a pocket pc this is done by Active
>Sync, but Active Sync does not work with the emulator (or does it?). And
>I don't want to debug the app on the pocket pc, because this is really
>slow.

>Any hints would be appreciated.

>CU Christoph

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Using a CDB-file in Emulator

Hi,

meanwhile I found out, that the emulator does not get along with the
CDB-Files, that Active Sync creates on the Pocket PC.
Instead I had to adapt VBEmul, to test my apps in the emulator. This is okay
for testing.
And for transferring mdb-files on the running system, I use an API-call.

Christoph

Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. .cdb file in Target vs Emulator ???

2. strange behaviour with emulator and cdb-files

3. .cdb or .mdb in Emulator

4. .cdb Database in the emulator

5. How to copy .cdb to emulator?

6. deVBuzz.com - Accessing a cdb database in the emulator

7. Copy cdb from device to desktop and remain cdb

8. I want to synchronize the MDB file with CDB file

9. Accessing a .CDB PocketPC database using VB6 with ADOCE

10. Writing CDB files from VB

11. ADO with dBase file extension *.cdb

12. Help with eVB - SQL Server CE and .cdb files