Windows CE or not Windows CE?
Author Message
 Windows CE or not Windows CE?

Here my final database is: Microsoft Access 2000

I would develop an application with eVB ou VB.

Actually on market we have "tablet" machine
(rugged! for use outdoor)
   - full OS Windows 2000 (or Win 98)
   - OS Windows CE 3.0

I am interested by Win CE.
But Win CE not have Microsoft Access.
Support is CEDB or SSCE database.

I search how to manage N Windows CE database
for data acquisition.
(if I have N "tablet" Win CE)
And cumulate acquisition into Microsoft Access 2000.

I am not really interested use ActiveSync for translate
        Win CE database  => PC database
 The best (?) is: operators send Win CE database by
email, and on Desktop merge all WinCE database into MS Access.

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:28:39 GMT
 Windows CE or not Windows CE?

Quote:
> I am not really interested use ActiveSync for translate
>         Win CE database  => PC database
>  The best (?) is: operators send Win CE database by
> email, and on Desktop merge all WinCE database into MS Access.

You could roll your own update using RAPI or some socket programming.
Otherwise, transfer the data using DESKTOPTODEVICE/DEVICETODESKTOP
functions, and then merge the transferred file into your main Access
database.
That's what we do in a current project. We have a lot of business logic
checking put into the merging program.

Keld Laursen

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:35:07 GMT

1. Not a Valid Windows CE Setup File - Error

2. Application Installation in Windows ce not possible without actual Device

3. Windows CE Online Chat - AMD & bSquare, Designing a High-Performance, Low-Power Windows CE .NET Device - May 15th 12:00 PST (20:00GMT)

4. Access for Windows CE?

5. Access database on Windows CE ?

6. Windows CE

7. Windows CE v2.0/Pocket Internet Explorer

8. Database access in Windows CE?

9. Windows CE

10. Windows CE development

11. VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

12. Windows CE