Database size limitation
Author Message
 Database size limitation

Hi,

does anybody know somthing about a size limitation for ADOCE-Databases on
the Pocket PC-Emulation.
I have problems storing data into a test.cdb. The size of my db will stay on
336 kb. I have no problems with 10-100 records but with 2000 or more it hang
or get slowly.

I want to develop a Info-software for PocketPc. This software is for my
business. I have no PocketPC-Hardware because i thought i dont't need such a
thing. I got this info from the MS Page
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Why this limitation ?

Greeting Robert Tarlon

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:49:42 GMT
 Database size limitation
Robert,

There is a .cdb size limitation (in emulation) of 336K.  I don't know if
this is a bug, or by design - but it exists nonetheless.

Rgds,
Fitz

Quote:

>Hi,

>does anybody know somthing about a size limitation for ADOCE-Databases on
>the Pocket PC-Emulation.
>I have problems storing data into a test.cdb. The size of my db will stay
on
>336 kb. I have no problems with 10-100 records but with 2000 or more it
hang
>or get slowly.

>I want to develop a Info-software for PocketPc. This software is for my
>business. I have no PocketPC-Hardware because i thought i dont't need such
>thing. I got this info from the MS Page
>http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/technicalarticles/devfaqs.asp

>Why this limitation ?

>Greeting Robert Tarlon

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:12:41 GMT

1. VB - Access Database Size Limitation

2. Limitation of database size when using Crystal Report

3. Size Limitations on Procedures ?

4. File Size limitations

5. MS Access size limitations

6. Jet Size Limitations

7. MS Access size limitations

8. Random File size-- Any limitations?

9. VBA module size limitation

10. Question - How to get past Listbox Size Limitation??

11. Type Library Size Limitations

12. Form size limitations?